The Future Markets Development Analyst is responsible for serving under the Senior Director on the Business Development team. The Analyst will support the team in performing primary market analysis as well as analyze and validate intelligence gathered by others throughout the Company. The individual is required to perform full scale market analysis on a number of markets, that will include developing a full understanding of the underlying state and local market. This individual will be tasked with supporting a process that allows for developing a consistent cadence for delivering market sensing reports, establishing milestones and standard deliverables for review and action, and holding themselves and executives to timeliness for decision making.
A qualified candidate will have a background and experience in producing exhaustive market analysis reports in the state, local and federal government services spaces.
- Perform market research that includes analyzing industries, industry players and industry trends. Will need to understand different business models and products / solutions used in the market.
- This role is focused on deep dives into markets, legislation pertaining to markets, selling solutions, and customer buying patterns. This is not a data gathering position. Must be able to think strategically. Must also understand industry trends that impact the company and competitors.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the functional area, business strategies, and goals of the company.
- Develop market sensing report by researching available government databases and other publicly available information.
- Develop a process for continuous updating of market research data.
- Collaborate and work with other areas of the Business Development and the company as a whole to support opportunity pursuit and proposal development.
- Research, develop, and present industry information to executive leadership.
- Collaborate with team members in agile, iterative processes.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience working with research tools such as Deltek Govwin, Bloomberg.gov, USAspending.gov and similar tools
- Market research analysis experience specific to the federal, state and local government services marketplace
- Experience with performing research and analysis in a functional role, preparing presentation materials, and conveying analytical content
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline oriented work environment.
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously and with attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
- Competence in the Microsoft Office suite of applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) plus database and reporting software knowledge required
- Ability and desire to learn new tools and skills
- Willing to travel up to approximately 10% as needed
- Ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with staff, managers, and peers