Maverick Real Estate Partners LLC (“Maverick”) is seeking a Systems Engineering Analyst who will manage Maverick’s data and technology platforms and report to the Vice President of Portfolio Management. Founded in 2010, Maverick is a registered investment advisor with over $500 million in assets under management and invests through its discretionary private equity fund vehicles. Maverick sources and acquires distressed commercial mortgages secured by real estate in New York City by utilizing vast amounts of municipal, real estate, court, and corporate data. Maverick’s mission is to provide its team members with the satisfaction of building a world class alternative investment manager in a dynamic and collaborative work environment.
Maverick’s information systems use complex financial models, databases, and applications to source, monitor, and manage investments. As our portfolio grows, automation of data aggregation and workflows, integration of applications and systems, data modeling, and orchestration of analytics are key to the continued success of the company.
The ideal candidate has the following background and skills:
- Bachelor of Science in computer science or related field
- Excellent academic credentials
- Demonstrated interest in emerging information technologies
- Strong communications and teamwork skills
- Project management experience preferred
- Interest in real estate, legal, and financial data
- Identify and coordinate integration of new data sources into Maverick’s proprietary investment sourcing system
- Support automation of data collection and the creation of algorithms needed to support acquisitions, asset management, portfolio management, and finance teams
- Support the development of new business lines creating data analytics and systems
- Define functional requirements of new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Create prototypes of new financial models and applications
- Define requirements for external applications and systems
- Assist in end-to-end project management of new implementations
- Systematic Problem Solving: Utilizing organized methods to achieve objectives
- Entrepreneurial Grit: Taking initiative. Experimenting. Determination to take ideas from inception to deployment.
- Team Player: Dependable, humble, open minded, collaborative, and trustworthy with colleagues. Holds teammates accountable.
- Credibility: Respectful, responsive, straightforward, honest and articulate in communications
- Fiduciary: Make decisions that are in the best interest of our limited partners
- Detail Orientated: Accurate and thorough. Understanding causation. Ensuring high standards in all processes, whether hidden or apparent.
- Top of market salary
- 401(k) plan with match
- Health/dental insurance plans
- Unlimited vacation policy
All new hires participate in Maverick’s intensive training program. All new hires participate in Maverick’s intensive training program. Maverick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.