At Marvin, we make windows and doors inspired by how you live so you’re inspired to live well. We are driven by the momentum of four generations of innovation and excellence to imagine and create better ways of living. Our business reaches across the nation and our products are represented around the world. With our commitment to our local communities and to providing innovative solutions using new technology, we are always looking for ways to move our people, as well as our business, forward.
The Senior Manager of Manufacturing Engineering will plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of Engineering in support of the annual and long range business plans in alignment with high level Company objectives.
This individual will directly oversee a team of four (4) leaders and indirectly responsible for a team of fifty (50) that includes manufacturing engineering, CNC, machine design, automation and tooling.
1. Develop and manage the annual budget for the Engineering department. Participate in developing business unit strategic plans.
2. Plan and coordinates the work of engineering staff and ensure that they meet established goals and objectives.
3. Consult with other key leadership positions to create long-range goals specific to the needs of the organization.
4. Oversee progress and timeliness of projects.
5. Review project reports to ensure projects are on schedule and within budget.
6. Support the development and implementation of capital investment plans to increase responsiveness while minimizing cost.
7. Ensure the Engineering team adheres to Quality expectations.
8. Establish and maintain positive relationships with customers to anticipate needs and develop solutions to potential issues.
9. Ensure engineering practice are compliant with Company policy, Federal, State and local regulations.
10. Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field. MBA preferred.
2. 4+ years’ experience in a leadership role. Strong preference for candidates with leadership experience in manufacturing.
3. Six sigma black belt, APICS, SME lean certification, ISO or QMS system experience preferred.
4. Practice utilizing CI tools including problem solving, lean operations, and six sigma.
5. Ability to lead people in a team environment and work cross functionally in a matrix management environment.
6. Thorough knowledge of Engineering and Quality systems.
7. Ability to communicate with associates at all levels.
8. Project management experience required.