At Marvin, we make windows and doors inspired by how you live so you’re inspired to live well. We are driven by the momentum of four generations of innovation and excellence to imagine and create better ways of living. Our business reaches across the nation and our products are represented around the world. With our commitment to our local communities and to providing innovative solutions using new technology, we are always looking for ways to move our people, as well as our business, forward.
The Senior Facilities Engineer will support/manage projects and initiatives that will aid the overall mission of managing the physical assets of The Marvin Companies. You will also support company initiatives within each community in which it conducts business. Projects and initiatives will be driven by condition assessments, space needs, regulatory/risk reduction requirements, production needs, acquisitions, and administrative directives.
Essential Functions: :
- Assists in performing condition assessments at all locations on buildings, infrastructure, and systems. Document deficiencies, condition, and estimated cost of repairs
- Provides expertise on matters relating to jurisdictional building codes, structural analysis and assessment, FM Global requirements and other established standards and regulations
- Review proposed projects for technical feasibility and code compliance
- Review and administer construction, design and consultant contracts and work products
- Ensure project record drawings, building information and close out documents are maintained in an accurate, timely, and consistent manner
- Develop facility project requirements and specifications
- Attend continuing education to further facility and engineering knowledge or to attain certification in areas of expertise
- Collaborate with Enterprise Risk Management in evaluating risk and to facilitate further review by FM Global and our risk managers
- Support facility staff at each location to assist with facility related projects and initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering preferred from an ABET accredited college or university
- Designation as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or Engineer Intern (EI) preferred
- Five or more years of leading and managing projects
- Strong working knowledge of Autocad and Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrates general knowledge of building systems and building science (structural, building envelopes, HVAC, site work, etc)
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.