At Marvin, we make windows and doors inspired by how you live so you’re inspired to live well. We are driven by the momentum of four generations of innovation and excellence to imagine and create better ways of living. Our business reaches across the nation and our products are represented around the world. With our commitment to our local communities and to providing innovative solutions using new technology, we are always looking for ways to move our people, as well as our business, forward.
Role is responsible for regulatory compliance of all products to codes and standards (IRC/IBC/WDMA/NFRC/TDI/Florida). Also, will perform THERM analysis, structural calculations and analysis (FEA). Manage certification schedules, test activities and work with R&D team members. Ensure complete and accurate understanding of the regulatory/voluntary standards developed. Provide input/counseling to the necessary team members to support certification and recertification requirements of products.
- Regulatory Compliance: Drive the regulatory certification/re-certification schedule for all Marvin Elevate, Marvin Essential and Infinity products. Create and manage certification test plans for new product development and continuous improvement. Grow into a clear understanding of the required standards/codes/regulations to support any regulatory activity.
- Customer Service and Technical Communication: Support commercial and residential jobs with structural calculations. Provide calculations and assist Professional Engineer with approval data as necessary. Work with project teams to address regulatory compliance concerns. Work with production/manufacturing/IT to support certification compliance documentation and problem-solve issues.
- Technical Support: Perform engineering analysis including THERM, structural calculations and FEA support. Develop and modify designs using 2D/3D CAD software and produce documents of components and assemblies as needed. Support/Lead product improvement efforts as needed.
- Product Knowledge: Become familiar with product components and designs, understanding how design relates to field performance and certification requirements.
- Team Support: Support team needs including cross training and assistance on all Marvin collections in the above areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred, other 4-year technical degrees will be considered
- Experience in design, product development, or window and door regulatory compliance
- Demonstrated track record of successful projects
- Understanding of regulatory standards for windows/doors market strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of 2D and 3D Modeling software (Inventor preferred). Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.), and FEA/THERM software exposure is required
- Must be able to problem-solve, train, direct work, and communicate effectively. Must have proficient organizational, interpersonal, and multi-tasking abilities.