At Marvin, we make windows and doors inspired by how you live so you’re inspired to live well. We are driven by the momentum of four generations of innovation and excellence to imagine and create better ways of living. Our business reaches across the nation and our products are represented around the world. With our commitment to our local communities and to providing innovative solutions using new technology, we are always looking for ways to move our people, as well as our business, forward.
The Project Engineer will work with individual locations to specify, acquire and implement new equipment and automation systems. This position will facilitate and drive business related automation projects to improve operational excellence and consistency throughout the enterprise.
- Lead/Manage Enterprise Automation projects from concept to implementation
- Develop and maintain budget, schedule, tasks and resource plan. Ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Facilitate cross-functional project team meetings/updates
- Assist site engineering team with equipment/technology specification development, ROI justification, plant preparation and other engineering responsibilities
- Ensure all documentation (training, data architecture, maintenance, SWP’s, etc.) is properly created and updated
- Collaborate with Enterprise Procurement to identify, establish and maintain supplier relationships; providing direction to ensure they meet expectations
- Interface with outside contractors, suppliers and consultants
- Participate in new product development activities to ensure ‘Design for Automation’ feasibility
- Communicate project status updates to multiple departments, sites and leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
- Two or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment with automation/equipment is preferred
- Experience in Leading and Managing projects
- Strong working knowledge of 2D and 3D modeling software, ERP systems and Microsoft Office Suite
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.
Bachelors or better in Engineering.