At Marvin, we make windows and doors inspired by how you live so you’re inspired to live well. We are driven by the momentum of four generations of innovation and excellence to imagine and create better ways of living. Our business reaches across the nation and our products are represented around the world. With our commitment to our local communities and to providing innovative solutions using new technology, we are always looking for ways to move our people, as well as our business, forward
The Continuous Improvement Engineer is responsible for supporting and driving improvement processes and transformational improvement initiatives across the enterprise. You will encourage and advance strong partnerships with all business units and employ foundational quality and process improvement tools to a create consistent, data-driven approach to continuous improvement.
- Support and foster a continuous improvement mindset throughout the enterprise and expand the use of operations excellence methodologies and tools
- Employ and encourage the use of various tools, concepts and practices foundational to continuous improvement
- Drive “bottom line” performance improvement in critical operational performance areas, such as cost, labor productivity, customer service, quality, safety and compliance
- Lead and/or support larger manufacturing/process engineering projects.
- Apply knowledge of product design, production and business processes to proactively identify improvement opportunities across the value stream.
- Support continuous improvement systems that lead to a future state design and sustainable enterprise-wide improvement processes.
- Develop and coach others on lean concepts throughout the organization.
Qualifications – Education, Training, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred concentration in engineering and/or manufacturing/operations
- 3+ years of experience facilitating and implementing continuous improvement/quality events
- 4+ years leading moderately sized improvement/new product projects with proven results
- Lean, Six Sigma or Quality Certifications are strongly encouraged or obtained within 6-12 months
- Proven ability to successfully participate, manage, and motivate cross-functional teams
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- 25% travel to other Marvin facilities
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.