At Marvin, we make windows and doors inspired by how you live so you’re inspired to live well. We are driven by the momentum of four generations of innovation and excellence to imagine and create better ways of living. Our business reaches across the nation and our products are represented around the world. With our commitment to our local communities and to providing innovative solutions using new technology, we are always looking for ways to move our people, as well as our business, forward.
- Develop machine schematics, specify hardware requirements, implement PLC machine code and develop HMI interface requirements for production processes. Provide technical support between data base system and control systems that directly affect plant operations.
- Facilitate and/or interface with other associates at all levels, including Engineers, Technicians, Production Associates, department teams and/or Marvin support departments.
- Design, review, and implement interfaces associated with interactions between shop floor associates and equipment. Individual will have the ability to think creatively and suggest alternative design/development solutions for HMI interfacing and control.
- Develop training modules for redundant understanding of the complete control of data flow and required communications for efficient and safe operation of production equipment.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives through active participation on improvement teams and Kaizen events.
- Other assigned duties as needed
Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of system analysis and design.
- Wide exposure to various programming languages like Visual Basic, Python, etc.
- Working knowledge of database creation and management for a production environment: SQL.
- Working knowledge of Rockwell Automation systems: RSLogix500, RS Logix5000.
- Experience with PLC Hardware and Networking: Allen-Bradley, Ethernet RTUs.
- SCADA experience preferred: Igniton.
- Experience preferred in CNC programming, Inventor & Gibbs CAM / CAD software integration.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing concepts.
- Knowledge of electrical codes, electrical installations, mechanical pneumatics systems.
- Ability to work in or lead a team; high level communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, math, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Able to multi-task, flexible, results-oriented; Dependable, motivated, self starter.
- Excellent interpersonal, time-management, and follow-up skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred and/or documented experience and success in the automation controls and programming field
Additional Technical Training, Vocational School, or Trade School related to the field a plus.