Who We Are:
Maguire Associates is based in Concord, MA and is a premier research-based consulting firm that serves the education industry. Since our founding in 1983, we have served more than 600 private and public colleges and universities, K-12 schools, educational consortia, educational service providers, and government organizations focused on education. We offer a highly collaborative, intellectually interesting, casual environment where you’ll have an immediate impact on our work for our clients.
Maguire Associates is seeking an Analyst who will help our clients succeed. This is a full-time position where you’ll use your research and data skills in a range of assignments that support our two main business lines, which include research-based consulting and predictive modeling.
- Help design and analyze custom research that provides insight into stakeholder needs
- Create statistical models that help colleges and universities develop data-based strategies and decide how to spend millions of dollars
- Design predictive models to help institutions understand the factors that predict student application, enrollment, and retention
- Refine and shape data files with a keen eye for quality control to maximize their ability to answer research questions
- Combine primary and secondary data to answer questions regarding program offerings, market perceptions, and strategic shifts
- Ask questions and work seamlessly with teammates
- Approach the work with positivity, enthusiasm, and passion
- Interested in education, quantitative research, and statistical methods
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, Master’s preferred, in social science or another field where data analysis has been an important part of your education
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and quantitative statistics packages like R, SPSS, SAS, STATA, Python, or a similar language required
- Experience with multivariate data analysis, such as multiple regression, logistic regression, or machine learning algorithms required
- Strong skills in written and oral communication, organization, and collaborating effectively with a diverse team
- Experience with collecting primary research in techniques such as survey design, interview research, or focus group required, proficiency in Qualtrics or another survey platform preferred
- 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in an analytical role within the field of higher education or an educational organization preferred (e.g. Enrollment Management, Institutional Research, Admissions, Financial Aid, Enrollment Marketing, Advancement, etc.)
How to Apply:
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line that includes your name and the position. Maguire Associates offers competitive compensation and employee benefits, and is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.