Primary Function: The CAD Design Technician is responsible for providing project setup and design support to the project team for distribution and transmission natural gas pipeline projects. Assignments may include generating drawings, blueprints, plans, as-built, field data collection, digitizing field notes to help generate permit drawings, and other design documents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Be willing and able to accept the responsibilities of this position, our culture, and a commitment to excellence. Do your job, do it well, and do it on time.
· Read, interpret, update, and create maps/design drawings using CAD software (e.g., AutoCAD or AutoCAD Civil 3D) and GIS Software (e.g. ArcMAP).
· Perform a variety of mapping and engineering support activities, (e.g., field notes/sketches, permit development, material quantity analysis, red line changes, satellite imagery, aerial maps, etc.).
· Perform editing, quality control, and other data manipulation to digital maps data, ensuring data is properly stored and archived.
· Communicate effectively and accurately, both written and orally, with project team, and management.
· Proactively work toward project team, departmental, and company goals. Offer leadership and sharing of knowledge and skills.
· Maintain target billable goals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability to use computer applications, functions, and software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D, Adobe, ArcMAP, Trimble Geo 7 and/or Trimble R8.
· Ability to balance numerous projects with competing priorities under moderate supervision meeting project deadlines in an organized manner.
· Ability to maintain quality and company CAD/GIS standards in a detail-oriented environment.
· Ability to perform text edits, dimensions, and layer control within model/paper space.
· Ability to travel and/or work overtime as needed to meet project requirements and deadlines.
Education and Experience:
· Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school is preferred; or combination of education and work experience.
· Natural gas pipeline and drafting experience with piping is preferred.
· Ability to work interchangeably between GIS and CAD software is preferred.
· Previous internship with Magnolia River is preferred.
Physical Demands: Duties are performed in an office or field environment.
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
· Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
· Must be able to identify and distinguish colors, distances, and spatial relationships.