The IT Developer reports to the Director of Software Development and assists with configuring, developing, and enhancing operating systems software.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values. Those values include:
- Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
- Communicating openly and with integrity
- Embracing opportunities
- Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops systems software for utilization throughout the company and maintains interfaces with external software applications.
- Plans and manages application integration projects as assigned by the Director of Software Development.
- Applies software development lifecycle to develop effective, efficient, and quality applications.
- Recommends changes and customizes applications as required.
- Coordinates change management and testing with IT Technical Support.
- Prepares and develops progress reports as requested.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures associated with software installation.
- Documents, tracks, monitors, and communicates software-related dependencies, conflicts, issues, and risks.
- Researches emerging software, hardware, and new technologies for implementation.
- Performs analysis and identifies problems affecting software application performance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field of study and three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a developer role, or an equivalent combination of experience and education required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Sitecore Development
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) Server
- Knowledge of C# programming language and the .NET Framework
- Skill in applying critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving methods
- Skill and ability to communicate verbally and in writing, including with non-technical audiences
- Skill in managing projects, organizing, prioritizing, and meeting deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain appropriate discretion
MAA recognizes that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, and outstanding advancement opportunities. We offer a comprehensive benefits package* including, but not limited to, the following:
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holiday Pay
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Adoption Reimbursement
· Apartment Discount
· Opportunities for promotion and internal career advancement
*Eligibility for benefit plans and programs vary based on hours worked and length of employment.
We are committed to providing service excellence and value to those who depend on us at MAA. Our people-first approach has been transforming properties into communities and apartments into homes for over 25 years. As the largest owner-operator of multifamily apartments in the United States – we have established leaders in the real estate space – bringing tremendous opportunities to those looking to build their careers. We invite you to explore our Brighter View and find your place at MAA!