The Compensation Analyst reports to the Director of Compensation & HR Analytics and coordinates and executes analytical projects for human resources with a focus on compensation and related total rewards programs. Primary responsibilities include research and analysis of HR programs and data; the design and generation of standard and custom reports, metrics and dashboards to generate insights and recommendations; collaboration as an internal consultant on a broad range of cross-functional HR projects.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values. Those values include:
- Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
- Communicating openly and with integrity
- Embracing opportunities
- Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes and contributes to the evaluation of total reward programs, including bonus and commission incentive plans, pay differentials, and other recognition and rewards. Researches and analyzes market data to benchmark best practices and competitive positioning. Identifies and prioritizes recommendations to improve and maintain market competitiveness.
- Acquires and maintains advanced reporting and data visualization principles, practices and tools. Develops and prepares high quality analysis, reporting and presentations. Gathers and documents business requirements and identifies potential solutions and recommendations. Designs and generates standard and ad-hoc reports to analyze and provide insights and interpretation to enhance decision making and problem solving.
- Participates in the continuous development, adoption, testing and maintenance of HR processes and systems. Documents and maintains standard operating procedures and workflows for HR functions and business processes. Monitors HR technology trends, user communities and knowledge base to continually develop and promote capabilities and efficiencies.
- Maintains awareness of federal, state and local wage and hour and other employment-related laws and regulations (e.g., Fair Labor Standards Act, EEO). Supports compliance with federal, state and local employment-related laws and regulations with reporting and by researching best practices and implementing process enhancements to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Contributes subject matter expertise and consultative guidance to internal customers and cross-functional projects within HR and the company.
- Maintains and enforces data integrity, accuracy and confidentiality for all Human Resources information systems. Conducts audits of data and processes to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis of human resources programs with a focus on compensation, benefits, payroll, and/or information systems required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Project management experience required
- Corporate compensation and/or consulting experience strongly preferred
- Experience with incentive compensation and/or sales performance management systems strongly preferred
- Experience with Workday human capital management system strongly preferred
- Certification in human resources or related field preferred (e.g., SHRM-SCP/CP, SPHR/PHR, CCP, CBP, HRIP)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills applicable to large data sets
- Knowledge and skill to design reports, summarize and interpret data, draw conclusions and prepare recommendations
- Intellectual curiosity and research skills applied to human capital data management and applications
- Systems thinking and technological savvy to learn and apply business rules and processes
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices, especially base and incentive compensation
- Knowledge of all employment laws and regulations, especially governing wage and hour practices (e.g., EEO, OSHA, FMLA, FLSA)
- Business and financial acumen, including financial concepts and modeling
- Skill and ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing, including presentations with executive presence
- Skill in applying critical thinking, analysis and problem-solving methods
- Knowledge and skills to manage projects, organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Process management skills, including mapping and streamlining processes
- Organizational skills to coordinate multiple projects, goals and objectives
- Attention to detail and accuracy and data integrity
- Flexibility and adaptability to change as well as a tolerance for ambiguity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Initiative and self-direction as well as the ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain appropriate discretion
MAA recognizes that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding advancement opportunities. We offer a comprehensive benefits package* including, but not limited to, the following:
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holiday Pay
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Adoption Reimbursement
· Apartment Discount
· Opportunities for promotion and internal career advancement
*Eligibility for benefit plans and programs vary based on hours worked and length of employment.
We are committed to providing service excellence and value to those who depend on us at MAA. Our people-first approach has been transforming properties into communities and apartments into homes for over 25 years. As the largest owner-operator of multifamily apartments in the United States – we are established leaders in the real estate space – bringing tremendous opportunities to those looking to build their careers. We invite you to explore our Brighter View and find your place at MAA!
Drug Free Workplace