Sales Academy Acct Mgr – College Connect – Nationwide
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Be a part of our mission to further human progress through technology. Help us boost innovation and accelerate business as we enable companies to capitalize on emerging technologies of the 4th Industrial Revolution!
Are you a driven, highly motivated and goal oriented recent or new grad? Do you have a passion for building relationships and working with customers to solve their technology needs? Start an AMAZING career with Lumen and join our July 2021 Sales Academy, a College Connect sales development program.
Our Sales Academy (SA) was designed to put you on a path towards a successful career within an enterprise sales organization. Beginning with 12 weeks of immersive training & development to build your business acumen, sales and product knowledge, professional network, and customer-centric mindset. Upon successful completion of the class, trainees will transition into an Account Manager role within a major sales market; Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia/DC area, Washington, Wisconsin.
About the Sales Academy Experience:
- 2-year development program
- Initial 12 weeks of virtual immersive training, coaching, and development
- Training class dates: July 12 – September 30, 2021 (virtual, work from home)
- Learn technical and sales fundamentals for success from proven sales leaders.
- Understand Lumen’s AMAZING platform and full product and solutions portfolio to increase overall knowledge for go-to market strategies.
- Learn technical and professional fundamentals from proven sales leaders.
- Network with Sales Academy and SE class peers, sales leaders, and business executives from all over the organization
- Upon completion of training, transition to an Account Manager role within a major sales market; Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia/DC area, Washington, Wisconsin.
- Continued support, development, and coaching in the field.
The Main Responsibilities
Be Part of an entrepreneurial team, responsible for managing a designated customer base. With an uncapped earning potential: you will be empowered to grow financially through the ability to deliver complex and robust product solutions backed by world class technology and infrastructure. Life longer learning with continued mentoring and growth/development through, Instructor-led, web-based and hands-on training – all designed to help you gain new experiences.
Specifics for our sales role:
- Generate potential sales leads by using lead-generation and research tools during the first 3 months.
- Proactively qualify leads and sales prospects by understanding business profile, buying process, requirements, and timeline expectations.
- Formulate solutions and present products and solutions persuasively and effectively while linking benefits to the client’s business objectives and needs.
- Produce new sales from prospects and current Enterprise customers via various outreach methods.
- Must have a sense of urgency and respond to inquiries within established timeframes.
- Successful performance demonstrated by achievement of monthly sales.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Business, Marketing, Sales, Communications or similar degree (preferred).
- A history of leadership in extracurricular activities, such as sports, student government, societal membership
- Ability and ambition to thrive in a fast paced, complex environment.
- Always demonstrate a positive attitude and act with integrity.
- Conveys a sense of urgency, responsiveness and drives issues to closure.
- A self-starter who is motivated to excel in Enterprise Business Sales
- Strong time management and ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct outreach method such as prospecting and cold calling.
- Ability to show adaptability and resilience in various situations.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, and passionate individuals who can define impact by examples of customer service, projects, or work experience.
- Passion for customer service and desire to understand and introduce new technology to customer base.
- Strong oral and written communication, analytical problem solving and closing skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel).
- **Authorization to work in the US; sponsorship is not available for this program.**
- Ability to participate in the training program uninterrupted from July 12th – Sept 30th, 2021.
What to Expect Next
Sourcing candidates for future opportunities, this requisition is to build a source pool of qualified candidates for our July 2021 Sales Academy Class. Applicants will need to complete a video interview within 5 days of application
Requisition #: 242696
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :32319Salary Max :80028
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We’re able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.