Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.LeonardoDRS.com.
Involved with the analysis, design, development and implementation of new and/or existing systems/sub-systems. May include Architectural Design, Requirements Engineering, or others. Determines system specifications. Supports acquisition of hardware and software (or subcontractor services as needed).Support and participate in technical activity. Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems, or subsystems
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Support and participate in technical activity
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments
- Ability to work independently under supervision of others
- Perform root cause analysis and recommend corrective action, participate in Failure Review Board
- Regular reporting of progress and status
- Completion of assigned task on time and meeting technical requirements
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks as directed
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- May participate in preparation of less complex proposals
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Novice technical expertise and application domain knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in EngineeringElectrical Engineering degree preferred
Leonardo DRS and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #EOIS