This is where your legacy begins! The Leidos Innovations Center at Leidos currently has an opening for a Biology Scientist to work in our San Diego, California office. We are seeking a broadly trained and highly motivated biologist for advanced technology programs focused in synthetic and systems biology. This is a highly dynamic and integrative environment in which talented and creative scientists can thrive working on a diverse array of multidisciplinary projects. The group has an immediate need for you, someone with strong laboratory skills in molecular biology, microbiology, and/or marine biology.
Fun stuff you will be doing on the job:
– Contribute to the development of novel applications in support of government-funded efforts in the areas of molecular biology and/or marine biology.
– Contribute to the development of DNA-based assays for novel applications
– Contribute in culturing and analyzing aquatic organisms.
– Effectively communicate research in team meetings, progress reports, and customer presentations.
– Quickly adapt to evolving research needs, rapidly acquire new scientific knowledge and stay informed on new technologies.
– Work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team consisting of biologists, chemists, mathematicians, statisticians, and engineers. Lead Candidates should follow sound scientific practices and maintain effective documentation of activities and analyses.
This is you:
– A bachelor’s degree in Biology or related discipline with at least 2 years of technical experience or a Master’s degree with at least 1 year of relevant experience (technical experience obtained through schooling can be counted towards total years of experience) or 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
– U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
– Experience in isolation and culturing of model and/or non-model microbial strains
– Nucleic acid extraction and purification
– Team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact with people from diverse areas and disciplines
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
– Genomics, Metagenomics experience
– Experience with sample preparation methods for NGS
– Experience in culturing cell lines and bacterial strains
– Cloning, mutagenesis, cell transformation/transfection
– Protein expression, purification and characterization
– Enzymatic assay development
– Familiarity with microscopy techniques
– Possess US government Security Clearance
LInC External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Must be able to obtain Secret (US Citizen)
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: