SENIOR and JUNIOR PARALEGALS
We offer paid continuing education credits for certifications, and paid memberships for professional organizations.
We are a reputable law firm based in the Jacksonville which has 10 offices in Northeast Florida that offers its employees’ health care (medical, dental, vision), life insurance, and 401K upon eligibility.
The Company: The Law Offices of Ron Sholes, P.A. is a Plaintiff’s Personal Injury firm which has more than 30 heavily experienced attorneys who specialize in trucking accidents, automobile accidents, motorcycle accidents, and premises liability cases such as slip and falls, and we also have attorneys representing clients in criminal law and family law matters. The Law Offices of Ron Sholes, P.A. is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike. The Law Offices of Ron Sholes, P.A. is dedicated to community outreach, helping those less fortunate, and giving back to those where we live and work. We are dedicated to our country’s Veterans and Veteran Affairs.
· The Firm’s moto is to ensure that excellent representation and customer service is delivered to every client …… if “You Hurt, We Fight!”
· We believe in aggressive representation, and no case is too small!
The Position: We’re looking for motivated Paralegals, both senior and junior. The pay will be commensurate with experience, and opportunities for bonuses.
We have structured employee teams, which establish better understanding of decisions, more support for and participation in the care of our clients, increased contribution to problem-solving and decision making, and more ownership of our cases and the results sought.
· You must have excellent soft skills
· Teamwork is a must
· You must have excellent writing skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Trustworthy and high level work ethic
· Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Power Point, and Word
· Quick learner of law office management software
· Reliable transportation
· Bi-lingual a plus!
· You will also need to be able to work on multiple cases simultaneously and effectively
· The Senior Paralegal position requires:
· a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience with a law firm; or,
· an Associate’s Degree or Paralegal Certification and a minimum of 5 years’ experience with a law firm
· prior management experience of two or more individuals
· Personal Injury experience is preferred
· The Junior Paralegal position requires:
· a Bachelor’s Degree, Associate’s Degree or Paralegal Certification and a minimum of 2 years’ experience
· Personal Injury experience is a plus
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
· Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
Position Duties (partial list):
· You will be supporting our practice with pre-trial and trial preparationDraft Complaints and Initial Discovery
· Obtain service on Defendants
· Draft Plaintiff’s responses to Interrogatories, Requests to Produce and Admissions
· Draft Expert Witness Disclosures
· Draft Witness and Exhibit Lists
· Communicate and Coordinate with Expert Witnesses for Trial
· Enter Trial Order on Docket with deadlines, tasks and reminders
· E-serve and E-file all Plaintiff’s responses to discovery
· Back up for Team Leads to screen calls for attorneys
· Advise JA to remove from Court docket when cases settle
· Prepare Mediation Packets, Mediation Statements, and coordinate with technical support team for a Power Point Presentation
· Review Attorneys’ calendars weekly to plan ahead and anticipate needs
· Make sure the Requests for Copies have been responded to at least one week before Plaintiff’s depo
· Request for Copies and follow-up
· Schedule meeting with team attorneys and Head of Litigation Attorney after unsuccessful Mediation
· Trial Support
Why Should You Apply?
· So you may elevate your career to the next level!
· So you will be part of a winning team!
· So you may be part of giving back to the community!
· So Why Shouldn’t You Apply?