Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Scientist – 3 to 6 Years Experience in the Natural Resources group in our Parsippany, NJ office. As the successful candidate, you will perform wetland assessments and field delineations, prepare due diligence assessments of project sites, and prepare state and federal land use permit applications including natural resource figures using GIS and AutoCAD software. Additional duties include leading specific field assignments, assisting with the natural resource planning, assessment, and permitting of land development and infrastructure projects, and other office tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Ecology, or related discipline;
- 3 to 6 years of experience in wetlands delineation and natural resource permitting;
- Professional Wetland Scientist in Training (desired);
- OSHA 40-hour training;
- Familiarity with current local, state, and federal land use permitting;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task effectively;
- Excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to work well individually and within groups;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong GIS skills preferred; experience with AutoCAD skills a plus;
- Ability to oversee, coach and train staff;
- Ability to participate in field work and work during evenings and/or weekends, as needed by project schedule;
- Occasional travel to project sites and/or client locations, as required; and
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
To be considered for this position, please apply online at https://www.langan.com/jobs/environmental-scientist-3-to-6-years-experience.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer