Title: Biochemist 1, Scientific Operations
Location: San Diego CA
Duration: 12+ months contract
3 Must haves on the resume: purification, column chromatography, pipette
The Biochemist I is expected to work independently, perform all laboratory multitask functions that involve in Purification. The person directly reports to the immediate supervisor, assisting him/her with the day to day laboratory operations. The biochemist I is expected to be capable to complete assigned formats of purification with good quality and yield. The biochemist I is expected to learn more formats regularly based on the production requirements. The position is expected to finish assignments on time to help keep up purification productivity. In addition, biochemist I is responsible for completing their individual purification training plan based on the approved IIGs annually. The position works closely with senior biochemist to ensure that weekly assignments are done properly before due dates.
- Typically requires 0-2 years’ experience in a Biotech/Science manufacturing environment. Have some working knowledge in the science disciplines and lab equipment.
- Optical Density measurement
- Ab purification experience (desired)
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Demonstrated ability to use laboratory instruments and applicable computer software.
- Knowledge of general laboratory safety.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to keep neat, accurate, and complete records and logs.
- Effective analytical problem-solving skills.
- Typically requires BS degree at a 4-year degree program in Science or equivalent combination of related education and experience.