The Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA), headquartered in Daytona Beach, FL, is currently seeking a full time, Manager, Partnerships & Business Development. This position is responsible for working with the Business Development & Corporate Partnerships team in developing partners, new leads and proposals for prospective clients and managing existing Corporate Partner accounts. This position will report to Director, Business Development & Corporate Partnerships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Work with Business Development team, including but not limited to such activities as creating sales presentations, updating materials, prospecting, sales research, and managing CRM sales pipeline.
- Contribute original ideas, be forward thinking and plan strategically when developing sales presentations and partner proposals.
- Work with Director of Market Research on prospect proposals and partner recaps.
- Work internally with all applicable departments within the LPGA (Legal, TBA, Communications, etc.) to ensure collective and collaborative approach is taken when drafting new programs for prospects and in dealing with partner needs and seamless execution.
- Develop personal and business relationships with all levels of contacts (i.e., day to day contacts, Sr. Management, C level executives, owners, etc.) and manage communications, including regular outreach, calls, meetings, and presentations.
- Involved in the preparation of the contract process from the conclusion of process to final contract execution on new agreements and partner renewals.
- Manage corporate partner relationships with LPGA partners focusing on achieving both partner and organization objectives, while working to grow relationships and ultimately renew partnerships.
- Partnerships entail coordination across TV, digital, social and operational elements of tournaments including on site inventory, special events/clinics, and media.
- Involved in revenue and expense elements of official partners to ensure budget management and growth objectives of both the LPGA and Partners are met.
- Be knowledgeable and continually update each team on all ongoing projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required with emphasis in Business, Marketing and/or Sales preferred
- 5 years of experience in corporate sales and/or corporate sponsor servicing preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail applications, etc. (Microsoft family)
- Knowledge of Photoshop a plus
- Ability to put together complex proposals in a timely manner
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills are a must
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure, mobile environment, including some overnight travel