We are seeking multiple positions for full-time Laboratory Research Technicians in the laboratory of Professor Shane Crotty at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI) working on high-impact scientific projects in immune responses to vaccines. Projects will be focused on T and B cell responses in the context of infections and vaccines. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, handle highly complex work tasks, be able to work efficiently, and will carefully record and organize experimental designs and data. Training and mentoring will be provided for the skills and knowledge involved. This is an excellent opportunity for those who are motivated and eager to learn.
Under the supervision of the Professor and PhD level lab scientists, depending on the project, the research technician will assist in performing research in human, mouse or non-human primate immunology. The research technician will perform a wide range of immunological techniques, such as isolating lymphocytes, flow cytometry, cell culture and ELISA. Other responsibilities include supporting daily lab operations.
Candidates must have:
• B.A./B.S. or higher in a biological science, chemistry, or biochemistry
• Theoretical knowledge of biology, immunology, cell biology or related field at the college “upper division” level; or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Experience using laboratory equipment
• Accurate record keeping and excellent organizational skills
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Previous experience in a laboratory is not required, but 1-5 years of laboratory experience in cell biology, immunology, or molecular biology is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in flow cytometry, molecular biology or other immunological techniques is preferred.
• Previous experience in mouse husbandry or handling is a plus.
• Must be willing to work with recombinant DNA and biohazardous materials.
• Must be willing to work with human blood
How to Apply:
Interested applicants please submit:
1. A brief cover letter relating how your talents fulfill the criteria for this position
2. Your resume/CV
3. A minimum of two references (three preferred)