L J Ross Associates is hiring in Jackson! As an Account Manager, you will help improve financial outcomes for consumers and our clients. Both entry level and experienced candidates are encouraged to apply.
We’ve got you covered with…
- A casual office environment: jeans are welcome!
- A consistent schedule- no more late nights or working holidays and weekends!
- Commission program: increase your earning potential!
- Well-rounded compensation: $15.00 per hour to start ($16.00 for those fluent in Spanish), 40 hours per week, paid time off, paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, company provided life insurance, etc.
- Incentives: contests for a wide range of prizes, gift cards, electronics, and more!
- Career opportunities: we love to grow our employees into leaders!
- Remote working opportunities after six months of employment
- A fun workplace culture built on our core values: Integrity, Grit, Service Excellence, Respect, Accountability, Initiative, and Laughter!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour
Location: On-site; Telework eligible based on tenure, performance, and client requirements
Education: Associates or work experience equivalent
Experience: Debt Collection or Customer Service experience preferred, but not required
Pay: Hourly range: $15.00 – $17.50/hour; Tenure based
Exemption status: Non-exempt; Overtime eligible
Commission: Eligible; Performance based
Hours: Full-time; 40 hours per work week as scheduled; Overtime as scheduled
Reporting to the Collection Supervisors, the Account Manager is a debt collector and our clients’ front-line representative in all communications with consumers and representatives of consumers, such as banks, insurance carriers, law enforcement agencies, attorneys, and government or quasi-government organizations.
The Account Manager is a consistent and resourceful team member who initiates communications with consumers to resolve debts due to Clients, clearly informs consumers, confidently asks for payment in full, negotiates arrangements within established guidelines, properly documents and updates consumer account information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The responsibilities and qualifications listed below are representative of, but not limited to, the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Communication & Soft Skills
o Active listening
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills
o Use of good reasoning and organizational skills
o Regular and predictable attendance and presence at work
o Regular interaction with peers on-site, including face-to-face meetings and spontaneous conferences
o Ability to effectively perform responsibilities under a high level of stress
o Demonstrate empathy and respect in all communications
o High degree of professional etiquette and presentation
o Clear, accurate and concise communication
o Ability to maintain control of calls and navigate the conversation in a productive, respectful, and professional manner
o Strong negotiation abilities
§ Persuasion and influence
§ Strategizing and planning
§ Cooperation and compromise
o Communicate only with appropriate party
§ Maintain strict confidentiality
§ Adherence to all company confidentiality policies and procedures
o Plan and manage time so as to meet Key Performance Indicator goals
· Technical & Hard Skills
o Basic computer and typing/keyboarding
o Basic internet and e-mail use
o Basic mathematical calculations
o Proficiency in the use of company information technology and collection database
o Maintain accurate records; Advise Supervisor of inaccuracies in file data
· Strict adherence to Core Values
· Responsible for LJRA’s information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of LJRA’s information assets, including corporate intellectual property and the Personally Identifiable Information (PII) entrusted to L J Ross Associates by its customers and business partners, in accordance with the company’s information security program, policies and procedures as well as applicable regulatory compliance such as ISO 27001, FDCPA, FCRA, HIPAA, TCPA, and PCI.
· Must be able to sit for extended periods of time with occasional standing/walking
· Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
· Regularly exert physical exertion to lift, carry, push, pull, climb, kneel, crouch, stoop, bend, twist, and reach.
· Regularly drive, stand, walk, and use hands to handle, finger or feel objects, tools or controls.
· Call center environment with personal cubicle; expect increased noise volumes and fast-paced activity during peak hours.