REPORTS TO: Director of Safety, Region Americas
- Provide safety leadership for the facility in Springfield, OH.
- Assist the plant with the required training and training logistics
- Implement and manage Management System processes: ISO 14001, OSHAS 18001
- Conduct periodic safety meetings, safety training, safety audits, risk assessments and other safety related assistance at the facility and occasionally job site or branch locations
- Create effective safety partnerships with all employees
- Ensure the effectiveness of day to day safety compliance and procedures.
- Lead or take part in the investigation and conduct Root Cause Analysis on all injury/illness and/or near hit incidents to include corrective action plans
- Assist, advise, follow-up and/or lead implementation with local management on corrective actions with all incidents and near hits.
- Implement and follow-up on Konecranes safety policies and procedures
- Assist or act as backup resource to other Safety Managers (all business units) and the Region Americas Safety Director
- Assist Safety Director, as needed, with client meetings and presentations to demonstrate Konecranes safety commitment and history
- Represent company with safety and health regulatory agencies including OSHA, EPA and DOT
- Other tasks as required
EXPERIENCE: Prefer 3 or more years of progressive safety management experience in occupational safety and health within an industrial manufacturing facility. Knowledge or prior experience implementing Management System programs such as ISO 14001 or OSHAS 18001 preferred. Thorough knowledge and understanding of OSHA1926, DOT and applicable EPA standards. Strong organizational skills. Strong English communication skills (both verbal and written). Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft® Office. Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize. Must be a highly motivated and motivational team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Safety or equivalent preferred. Safety certifications such as CSP, OHST, CHST and CMSP are considered a strong asset.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Travel expectancy is 20% with infrequent overnights.