The Legal Staffing & Utilization (LSU) Coordinator is a member of the Global Legal Services department and reports to the Senior Manager of Legal Staffing & Utilization. The LSU department is responsible for (a) the strategic staffing of our growing global group of lawyers, and (b) detailed analysis of firm productivity. This role is critical in the assessment of legal nuances and subsequent deployment of the right attorneys to our legal cases – a combination of analyzing legal needs and identifying those with the necessary experience to handle the work.
· Actively assess and analyze attorney workloads, experience, interests, feedback, and availability to effectively staff them on matters
· Prepare informed staffing proposals and communicate workload expectations with attorneys and senior leadership
· Effectively communicate case needs and manage attorney expectations regarding their workload
· Coordinate orientation sessions and prepare for ad hoc meetings with new partners and associates
· Routinely check in with attorneys regarding their casework and potential new assignments
· Work cross-functionally with the Attorney Development and Strategy departments to successfully staff attorneys and provide metrics for their professional development needs
· Assist with staffing for the firm’s Pro Bono and Visiting Attorney programs
· Maintain data accuracy across a variety of platforms (3E/Elite, Intapp Matter Team Manager, Excel) for purposes of tracking legal staffing needs and activity levels that dovetail into crucial client financial projections
· Collaborate with system managers (3E, Handshake) to identify opportunities for efficiencies in LS&U operations
· Prepare critical staffing analysis materials for regular Partner and management meetings
· B.A. or B.S. degree required
· 3-5 years in a professional services organization
· Possess strong analytical skills with exceptional attention to details and accuracy
· Ability to effectively assess multiple criteria and competing legal needs to accurately staff attorneys
· Proactively follow through and demonstrate ability to anticipate and address business needs
· Strong organization, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills in a fast paced, high pressure environment
· Demonstrate a strong work ethic and self-motivation with a desire to take initiative
· Possess excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, with an ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism, diplomacy, and confidentiality in interactions with all levels of the organization
· Ability to collect, organize, analyze and efficiently present significant amounts of information
· Highly adaptable to a fluid and ever-changing work environment
· Interest or some familiarity in the legal industry strongly preferred
· Strong proficiency in MS Excel preferred
· Experience with 3E/Elite is a plus
How to Apply: Click HERE to register and submit your application.
Kobre & Kim is a conflict-free global law firm focused exclusively on disputes and investigations, often involving fraud and misconduct. Recognized as the premier firm for cross-border disputes, the firm has a particular focus on financial products and services litigation, insolvency disputes, intellectual property litigation, international judgment enforcement and asset recovery, and U.S. government enforcement and regulatory investigations. With more than 400 employees throughout the firm’s 14 global office locations, Kobre & Kim recognizes the value of incorporating diverse perspectives and professional disciplines to generate the most effective solutions for clients.
Further information about the firm is available at www.kobrekim.com.
Kobre & Kim employees take pride in providing our clients around the world with service that is timely, accurate, unbiased and trusted. We have a profound respect for the professions and clients we serve and define our success in terms of their success. Our work environment is dynamic, innovative, and entrepreneurial. We have a result-oriented culture that demands excellence, agility, and the desire to move quickly and precisely to seize opportunities. Our environment is both challenging and supportive – we give employees the opportunity to develop their skills and do their best work.
Kobre & Kim values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law.
Kobre & Kim is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.