The ideal candidate will primarily administer core client and matter opening processes such as conflicts of interests, engagement letters, client due diligence and database management, and will assist on various related ad hoc department tasks. The successful candidate will excel in working alongside multiple other administrative departments, as well as teams of lawyers in pursuit of advancing the firm’s objectives.
New York or Washington, DC
- Performing conflicts checks for new matters and lateral candidates relying on internal resources and external research databases.
- Conducting various due diligence and extensive research and analysis.
- Analyzing a large amount of data, interpreting, and communicating results in a clear and concise manner.
- Drafting and proofreading externally facing communications including engagement/disengagement letters and waivers.
- Assisting with the development of the Department’s processes via identifying and recommending the creation of new procedures, or updates to existing protocols.
- Performing ad hoc departmental tasks as necessary .
- B.A. required
- 1-2 years working in a professional services firm or law firm is a plus (significant experience working in the internal risk and compliance function of a law firm would be preferable.)
- Experience with conflicts software or other database experience; management and development of such systems is a plus.
- Experience with legal research and other resources to pull & interpret company information.
- Detail oriented in all aspects of work including the ability to create and review error-free documents.
- Team player with confidence to communicate laterally as well as vertically in a fast-paced organization with consistently professional attitude and demeanor.
- Tech-savvy, the ability and desire to learn new technologies and systems integration.
- Possess a customer service mindset focusing on providing recommendations and/or solutions to complex challenges in order to support the execution of firm objectives.
- Team player who communicates confidently while adopting a consistently professional attitude.
How to Apply: Click HERE to sign up and submit your application.
Kobre & Kim is a conflict-free global law firm focused exclusively on disputes and investigations, often involving fraud and misconduct. Recognized as the premier firm for cross-border disputes, the firm has a particular focus on financial products and services litigation, insolvency disputes, intellectual property litigation, international judgment enforcement and asset recovery, and U.S. government enforcement and regulatory investigations. With more than 300 employees throughout the firm’s 14 global office locations, Kobre & Kim recognizes the value of incorporating diverse perspectives and professional disciplines to generate the most effective solutions for clients.
Further information about the firm is available at www.kobrekim.com.
Kobre & Kim employees take pride in providing our clients around the world with service that is timely, accurate, unbiased and trusted. We have a profound respect for the professions and clients we serve and define our success in terms of their success. Our work environment is dynamic, innovative, and entrepreneurial. We have a result-oriented culture that demands excellence, agility, and the desire to move quickly and precisely to seize opportunities. Our environment is both challenging and supportive – we give employees the opportunity to develop their skills and do their best work.
Kobre & Kim values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law.
Kobre & Kim is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.