21-22 Elementary Response to Intervention (RTI) Coordinator
- Austin, TX, USA
- Department: Teacher
- Grade Level: Elementary
- Subject: General Elementary
KIPP Texas Public Schools is a nonprofit public charter school network, dedicated to preparing students in educationally underserved communities for college success and choice-filled lives. Today, KIPP Texas operates 59 public charter schools educating over 31,100 students across four regions – Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. KIPP schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income families.
The RTI Coordinator supports campus-based Response to Intervention (RTI) implementation through development of and consultation with general and special educators, development and implementation of student interventions, and coordination of RTI practices, data collection, and data review. The RTI Coordinator will be responsible for providing push-in and pull-out support, as well as overseeing paperwork for Tier III and Tier II students. The ideal candidate will have a passion for and experience with teaching students how to be strong readers and will have experience with guided reading and/or small group instruction.
- Provide initial and ongoing training and consultation to general-education teachers for implementation of Tier I and Tier II supports.
- Support data reviews to assist teachers in making tier placement decisions.
- Support teachers in RTI data collection and record-keeping.
- Develop and implement Tier III interventions and supports. Design systems and tools to measure the effectiveness of Tier III support.
- Develop and maintain a calendar to ensure timely data analysis and student reviews.
- Secure and share resources necessary for Student Intervention Plan development and direct student supports.
- Collaborate with campus and district Special Education teams as needed for student referrals. Attend multi-disciplinary team meetings as needed.-Other related duties as assigned.
- Facilitate the development of character and community in the classroom.
- Help shape and develop a school-wide atmosphere that best suits the needs of our students, teachers, and families.
- Communicate students’ progress toward realizing academic and character development goals with families on a regular basis.
- Increase student growth and achievement in content area of focus
- Meet desired goals/benchmarks on district-wide, state, and national assessments and measures of growth
- Ensure growth, development, and demonstration of character traits and KIPP Texas values
- At least 2 years of teaching experience required; 5 years preferred
- Experience teaching underserved students (preferred)
- Experience working with English Language Learners (preferred)
- Strong ability to collect and analyze data to make instructional decisions
- Familiarity with a wide variety of research-based interventions and resources
- Current valid Texas Teaching Certification (or willingeness to achieve certification)
- English and Spanish Bilingual preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (required); Master’s preferred
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP Texas mission, students, families, and community
- Strong record of helping students achieve academic success, primarily with students in educationally underserved communities
- Strong desire to teach an academically intense curriculum and commit to an extended school day, week, and year
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a teacher and professional; offer and receive constructive feedback
- Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Texas students.
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas’ competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.