We are currently looking for motivated Substation Designer/Drafter to join our growing Substation and Transmission Line Design team in Portland, OR. As part of the team of highly specialist design professional, you will support variety of substation, transmission and distribution project ranging from 12kv to 500kV. We are supporting both engineering design and EPC projects for clients throughout the country.
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS.
• Work with Engineers and Designer to develop the design documents and drawings for Substation or Transmission Line project.
• Create design/construction drawing package for substation design project including substation general plan, elevation and detail, bill of material, conduit and cable schedule.
• Provide drafting support for various type of substation project including physical, electrical and protection and control design.
• Utilize company standards, client standards, and/or Engineering direction to produce new drawings and update existing drawings utilizing AutoCAD, Microstation or PLS-C ADD
• Maintain document management system with quality data.
• Train, develop and mentor the less-experienced design team members
• Perform quality control checks and provide feedback to team members
• 0-4 years’ experience in design and/or drafting disciplines with a background in electrical substation, civil /structural or transmission line design
• Minimum GED Diploma with drafting or electrical design training. Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Drafting/Design preferred
• Knowledge of AutoCAD or Microstation
• Ability to work in a growing, adaptive and multi-discipline team environment
• Ability to work independently with limited direction and oversight
• Legally able to work within the United States for any length of time
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; fluent in English language