As a Field Engineer, you bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality and unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building “the next big thing” from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else. At Kiewit, we pride ourselves on our high standards, a collaborative spirit, and a commitment to excellence. Whether mentoring a team member, partnering with one of the industry’s top experts, or applying your skills to the job at hand, you are a professional who is looking to shape the future of our industry. When you work at Kiewit, there is a common drive to succeed that bonds you with your colleagues. Our family-minded culture means we take care of each other, too. Here you will feel united in triumphs and challenges and you will have fun and inspire each other every day.
Building Group specializes in complex vertical construction. We build world class hospitals, state of the art stadiums, and much much more! We are looking for people committed to the construction industry and not design.Location We have projects across the United States and Canada, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is.
We have projects across the United States and Canada, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Our primary locations include, Nebraska, Colorado, Hawaii, Texas, Washington DC, and Alaska. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and relocate as business requires.
- Support construction activities by planning, organizing and implementing the following functions: project controls system, engineering interface, subcontracts and materials management, purchasing and scheduling.
- Assist project management in expediting material deliveries, estimating and processing change orders, preparing monthly billings and preparing shop drawings
- May serve as a discipline engineer or as a lead on a small project
- Ability to travel and relocate to small and large cities as business requires
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.5
- Bachelor’s degree in a construction-related field of engineering
- Experience with leadership in some capacity
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Previous internship experience is preferred
Base Compensation: $53,000 – $82,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.