Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Field Engineer, you bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality and unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building “the next big thing” from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else. Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right.
Kiewit’s Bridge & Marine District headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, operates with heavy civil, marine, and industrial capabilities across North America. We are a leader in technical and traditional bridges, bridge like structures, marine structures, and dredge work. Kiewit Bridge & Marine is also the foremost constructor of floating bridges across the United States. If you want to build iconic bridges, this is the district for you!
We currently have work all across the country in large cities and small towns. A majority of our work is currently in the Puget Sound Region, however, we also have project locations in Florida, Washington, Oregon, California, Texas, New York, New Jersey, Iowa, and Alaska. One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date.
- Support construction activities by planning, organizing and implementing the following functions: project controls system, engineering interface, subcontracts and materials management, purchasing and scheduling.
- Assist project management in expediting material deliveries, estimating and processing change orders, preparing monthly billings and preparing shop drawings.
- May serve as a discipline engineer or as a lead on a small project.
- Ability to travel and relocate as business requires
- Bachelor’s Degree in a construction-related field of engineering
- Experience with leadership in some capacity
- Infrastructure/Heavy Civil project experience is preferred
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Previous internship experience is preferred
Other common names for this role: Office Engineer, Project Engineer, Field Engineer, Engineer 1, Engineer I
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.