ONLY APPLICATIONS ON KIEWIT CAREERS WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION:
Location: Remote, US
Requisition ID: 113781
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Information Technology
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
Would you like to apply your skills to build one of the most advanced applications in the construction and engineering industry? Would you like to help propel our team to new heights?
Kiewit Data Services has an opening for a Content Engineer within our growing Transformation hub. This engineer will be responsible for back-end program and analytic development.
We’re looking for a hands-on programmer ready to leverage their understanding of data (i.e. analytics, data pipelines, relational databases etc.) to develop software solutions which transform business processes. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development.
Kiewit Data Services’ (KDS) mission is to make Kiewit the premier data-driven organization in our industry. To accomplish this, our projects and districts need to have the right data, of the right quality, with the right level of analysis, available to them at the right time. KDS is a cross functional organization with employees that have expertise in data, technology, support and operations backgrounds. Our core functions are data Quality, Governance, Enablement, Analytics and Data Science.
This position is remote within the US.
- Analyze business processes to develop transformational programs and analytics
- Collaborate cross-functionally with front-end software engineers, data scientists, project managers, and business users to achieve business transformation
- Work with various technologies including: Python, SQL, AzureDB/SQL Server
- Provide ongoing enhancements, support, and maintenance to pilot content modules
- Work alongside other back-end engineers to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
- Experience with SQL and working with relational databases
- Experience developing and working with data ETL processes
- Experience developing software solutions to solve problems
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner
- Conceptual understanding of software development process