Location: Remote, US The Woodlands, TX, US Lenexa, KS, US Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 117339
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Human Resources
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit is seeking a customer service minded HR professional to provide specialist level support for our craft employee compensation efforts throughout the organization. This role is part of a dynamic team, supporting a dynamic business, with a craft workforce across the US as well as North America. This position is responsible for researching and presenting professional level wage and housing data that supports our estimate efforts. In addition, this position will support the research and analysis of the craft employee value proposition, culminating in recommendations for base pay, mobility pay, and any variable pay compensation that should be considered.
This position requires a well-rounded, detailed–oriented individual with excellent interpersonal skills to work in a fast-paced environment. This function works closely with the District and Field Operations teams, HR Centers of Excellence teams, HR Business partners, employees, and management.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
HR Operations is an integral partner and service provider at Kiewit. In recent years, we have gone from decentralized HR groups to a unified, shared service team, with various HR Centers of Excellence. Our vision is to be a best-in-class international HR organization.
This position is primarily remote and can be based in either Lenexa KS, Denver CO or Woodland, TX.
• Supporting wage and housing survey efforts, providing research into the communities (and surrounding areas) where we are bidding work. The research includes the analysis of current conditions as well as upcoming work in the area that could compete for the talent that the organization needs to successfully deliver to our clients.
• Researching current company compensation practices against industry standards.
• Assisting internal efforts to utilize technology solutions that support the organization.
• Providing backup support for our Craft Field Services efforts – supporting project set up, training of site points of contact for all craft activities; support peak craft hiring, terms, transfers.
• Partnering with Districts to develop process protocols for craft total rewards packages.
• College degree preferred, with 1-2 years of Human Resources or applicable experience
• Strong customer service orientation
• Great listener with a positive attitude
• Effective, creative problem solver with strong analytical and research skills
• Creative writing abilities and thorough knowledge of proper spelling and grammar
• Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to work quickly under pressure, handling and prioritizing multiple ongoing assignments
• Ability to edit and proofread the work of others, including the proficient use of Microsoft Office
• Ability to manage competing demands and priorities/multi-tasking skills
• Ability to work independently and function effectively within a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Base Compensation: #N/A – #N/A
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.