How often can you find a multi-billion-dollar company that offers you flexibility to change in your career as your interests change? You just did. Kerry’s unique culture and commitment to change in the food, beverage, and pharma industries offers support and opportunities as your interests and need to explore grow. If fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and global opportunities appeal to you, then introduce yourself!
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
At Kerry, we hire graduates into real roles with real responsibilities from day one. This position reports to the Plant Quality Assurance & Technical Manager and may directly supervise employees in the QA lab. This role carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; and resolving problems. Quality Assurance Supervisors may be assigned to analytical laboratories, microbiology laboratories or both.
This role is rotational so you’ll get the chance to start at and rotate yearly into one of the following sites! Average program length is two years. After that you’ll be placed into a role outside of the grad program.
- Jackson, WI
- Manitowoc, WI
- Byesville, OH
- Portland, ME
- Evansville, IN
Essential duties and responsibilities:
– Directs and advises personnel in the special test procedures to analyze components and physical properties of product materials.
– Compiles and analyzes test information to determine operating efficiency of process or equipment and to diagnose malfunctions.
– Tests and analyzes sample products, adjusting formulas and processes based on results.
– Prepares test solutions, compounds, and reagents for use by laboratory personnel in conducting tests.
– Investigates complaints on existing products and responds to vendor or customer.
– Establishes or adjusts work procedures for products and raw materials and maintains test equipment.
– Develops and recommends test procedures for products and raw materials and maintains test equipment.
– Analyzes and resolves, or assists workers in solving work problems.
– Maintains time and testing records, reporting monthly.
– Trains lab group on safety topic, quality procedures and business updates for the month. Other duties may be assigned.
– Participates in other plant teams and programs such as Aged Inventory Control Team, Self Inspectors Team, HACCP Team, and others assigned.
– Possession of or working towards the possession of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S) from a four-year accredited college or university in Food Science, Biology, Microbiology, or Chemistry with a minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA.
– Knowledge of food safety principles and food process, eg. Exposure to HACCP, GMPs
– Presentation, communication skills and confidence, demonstrated by ability to ask meaningful questions and clearly articulate experience, good non-verbals, and experience interpreting and acting on info/data and/or leadership roles.
– Strong science foundation demonstrated by time in lab (volunteering, research experience) and coursework in chemistry, biochemistry and/or microbiology.
– Inquisitive nature that enjoys problem solving and identifying business improvements.
– Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
– Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
– Demonstrated interest in being hands-on in a manufacturing environment, e.g. internship experience, seeking out opportunities to learn about manufacturing.
– Ability to understand results or impact, make quick, accurate and sound decisions based on results.
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here. Additional information can also be here .