How often can you find a multi-billion-dollar company that offers you flexibility to change in your career as your interests change? You just did. Kerry’s unique culture and commitment to change in the food, beverage, and pharma industries offers support and opportunities as your interests and need to explore grow. If fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and global opportunities appeal to you, then introduce yourself!
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
About the role:
At Kerry, we hire graduates into real roles with real responsibilities from day one. This position reports to the HSE Manager and carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
This role is rotational so you’ll get the chance to start at and rotate yearly into one of the following sites! Average program length is two years. After that you’ll be placed into a role outside of the grad program.
· Manitowoc, WI
· Rome, GA
· Clark, NJ
· Fort Worth, TX
· Greenville, MO
· And others!
What you’ll do:
The HSE Supervisor Trainee is fundamental to our team. You’ll coordinate the implementation of Kerry’s HSE Safety policies and HSE plans and ensure the company is compliant with legislation and requirements. Are you passionate about health and safety? Do you enjoy developing plans that will further sustainability or environmental goals? If so, please consider applying. Other job duties are listed below:
· Monitor and support the HSE Management System and provide advice and assistance to HSE managers so they comply in a consistent way to reduce the risk to the project employees and the environment.
· Support implementation and maintain a specific HSE project (LIFE, ProSafe, SIM, Etc.)
· Support gathering of statistical data concerning all matters of health and safety, training programs with which to provide a basis for development of further health and safety activities, to highlight trends for future action.
· Develop and implement safety initiatives to continually improve, achieve and maintain stated safety performance and objectives.
· Assist estimating and tendering for HSE evaluations and HSE risk identification.
· Support the assigned sites environmental/sustainability efforts
· Provide assistance to teams with HSE policy and development, HSE observations, HSE inspections and audits, HSE meetings, HSE training, and incident investigations.
· Support project controls with HSE data capture, evaluation, and weekly/monthly reporting.
Qualifications and skills:
If you’re up to the challenge and have the following qualifications and background, please apply.
· Four Year degree in a safety related field.
· Dynamic personality with ability and willingness to promote appropriate change and improvement.
· Practical experience in identification and control of HSE issues in food or manufacturing experience preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills to build strong interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization.
· Inquisitive nature that enjoys problem solving and identifying business improvements.
· Computer, planning, and problem-solving skills.N
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here. Additional information can also be here .