KBR, prime technical contractor to the USGS EROS Center near Sioux Falls, SD, is seeking two Mid / Senior-level Infrastructure Engineers with hands-on experience to join our team.
We are currently in the process of expanding our IT infrastructure to accommodate multi-tenant hosting capabilities. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to interface with teammates and other engineering teams to; design networks, systems, and storage environments that effectively reflect business needs, security requirements, and service level requirements/agreements. These positions have an emphasis on developing and maintaining systems management tools to automate infrastructure provisioning, monitoring, auditing, and de-provisioning using, Ansible and other tools.
If you are a rapid learner, skilled troubleshooter, have hands-on experience engineering, implementing secure, reliable, resilient infrastructure solutions and can function as part of a highly technical, multidisciplinary team, we would like to hear from you.
Required Technical Skills
- Design and configure Virtual Desktop and Server Infrastructures (VMware).
- Design and configure physical server hardware supporting virilization or other dedicated tasks.
- Design and configure enterprise storage solutions (NetApp, Nimble, DellEMC Compellent).
- Develop automation, monitoring, and alerting capabilities within VMware vRealize Suite
- Thorough understanding of all the above technical areas, and their respective hardware or software lifecycles.
- Advanced troubleshooting and performance tuning of VMware, Storage, and Network on Linux or Windows Servers, both physical and virtual.
- In-depth understanding of software defined networking, network security and network troubleshooting fundamentals
- Good infrastructure and technology experience including demonstrable understanding of security principles, best practices, and operations.
- Good understanding of technical requirements for configuring, maintaining and operating within a hosted multi-tenant environment.
- Familiarity with DevOps & CI/CD concepts and tools.
- Capable of developing scripts to automate tasks.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and to know when to seek guidance.
- Ability to lead or be primary for continuous improvement efforts.
- Strong aptitude to learn and appetite for problem solving
- Able to participate in training and development of others.
- Good understanding of service level agreements and customer relationship management principals.
- Able to collaborate with internal and external teams or vendors to execute, implement or assist projects.
- Able to work with engineering and architecture teams to design and implement resilient and scalable services.
- Participate in a team environment to provide troubleshooting and support for core business applications
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 2 years of Engineering or DevOps experience
- Associates Degree plus 3 years of Engineering or DevOps experience
- Infrastructure Engineering experience – Server, Storage, Linux, Windows, or VMWare
- Multi-tenant Infrastructure engineering experience including security, governance and integration.
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience with agile techniques and methods
- Familiarity with modern software engineering principles
Candidates must have resided in the US for the previous 3 years
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire to obtain a badge for facility access and user accounts.
This position will be posted to the career opportunities listing on the KBR website (https://www.kbr.com/careers).
This position may be filled by a KBR teammate on the TSSC Contract. Please apply on-line.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.