The Land Processes Distributed Active Archive Center (LP DAAC), of the Technical Services Support Contract (TSSC) at the USGS Earth Resources Observation and Science Center (EROS), a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) funded project, located near Sioux Falls, SD is recruiting a mid to senior Software Engineer to support the Earth Observing System (EOS) project.
The ideal candidate will be a creative problem-solver who can respond to evolving development needs in an applied research setting. Applicants must be able to work within a multidisciplinary a team of highly skilled Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, and Science staff, to collaborate with multiple data providers and consumer across the vast LP DAAC user community to advance the Land Change Science mission at EROS.
Activities cover a broad array of AWS services with a focus on developing, integrating, and testing new solutions as the LP DAAC migrates the extensive data holdings to the cloud.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of agile development practices using associated project management tools
- Well versed in software engineering methodology and processes
- Experience with secure software development practices and concepts
- Skill with scripting languages such as Python, R, and PERL
- Knowledge of relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL, and Oracle
- Experience with Representational State Transfer (REST) services
- Experience with testing and CM tools such as git
- Knowledge of cloud micro-service architecture including but not limited to networking, data storage, security, cloud specific patterns, and AWS service selection.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Experience with containers and container orchestration
- Experience with AWS Lambda and Step Functions
- Experience with AWS RDS
- Experience with Cloud security including AWS IAM and VPC concepts
- Experience troubleshooting serverless and container-oriented AWS deployments (CloudWatch, CloudTrail, X-Ray)
- Experience with Cloud storage (S3 IA and S3 Glacier)
Experience: 2-4 years of relevant experience
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire to obtain a badge for facility access and user accounts.
The candidate must have prior 3 year US residency.
This position will be posted to the career opportunities listing on the KBR website (www.kbr.com/careers). This position may be filled by a KBR teammate on the TSSC Contract. Please apply on line.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.