Mortgage Analyst –
About the Firm
JVM Lending is an exceptionally dynamic, unique and tech-oriented mortgage lender seeking to disrupt our industry. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area and more specifically in Downtown Walnut Creek, which is about 20 miles east of San Francisco. This role will be based out of our Walnut Creek, CA office. The Mortgage Analyst role also offers the opportunity for permanent relocation to TX if desired.
JVM is very different from all other companies in the mortgage space for the following reasons: (1) we focus very heavily on culture and teamwork; (2) we do not hire commissioned loan officers; (3) we have far more stringent hiring standards and a uniquely talented and tech-savvy team; (4) we are exceptionally tech-centric with an ability to embrace new tech much faster than any of our competitors; and (5) we prefer to hire individuals with little to no experience in our industry, as we have an extraordinarily powerful and in-depth training program that is unrivaled by anyone.
About the Position
The Mortgage Analyst position is challenging, but the culture and work environment are collaborative, open and simply fun – creating an experience that is both intense and rewarding. Team members have substantial autonomy and influence in management decisions at all levels. In addition to our focus on teamwork and culture, JVM also places a strong emphasis on exemplary customer service. We are extremely proud of our outstanding online and social reputation in the marketplace.
To accommodate our rapid growth, we are looking for ambitious and driven individuals to join the JVM team. A successful JVM team member is hard-working, intelligent, and well rounded. We are inspired by people with a good sense of humor, willingness to learn, willingness to succeed, and just plain grit. Companywide monthly team bonuses, based on our total volume of business, is a major part of team members’ compensation on top of their base salary. Most of our salaried team members (Mortgage Analysts, Client Advisors, Closing Specialists) earn six figures in annual compensation within their first two years at JVM.
Please note that we are unable to provide visa sponsorship currently.
Description and Duties
- Perform in-depth analysis of clients’ financial profiles to determine credit worthiness, optimize financing structures, and provide expert advice.
- Communicate clearly and concisely when discussing lending practices and procedures with clients.
- Continuously study current market conditions and the lending regulatory environment, with a focus on educating yourself and team members.
- Diligently track data and maintain company referral database with real-time information
- Contribute to the team environment by regularly evaluating the JVM systems and processes to recommend improvements.
- Prepare for and engage in weekly small-group team meetings to assess issues and best practices within the firm.
- Nurture relationships with clients, referral sources, and team members.
- Monitor practices and systems to ensure compliance in a dynamic and complex regulatory environment.
- Assess and convey current market conditions to clients and referral sources.
Desired Skills & Experience
- No industry-specific experience required (we have an extensive training program that every new team member goes through).
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field. We like Liberal Arts majors.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.25 or higher.
- Capacity to learn and absorb a very large quantity of information quickly.
- Capacity to work in a demanding environment with long hours when required.
- Exceptional diligence in all actions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain quality of work while working under pressure.
- Ability to process and healthily manage stress levels.
- Must be receptive to ongoing, constructive feedback.
- Must be tech-savvy.
- Ability to learn and navigate proprietary CRM and LOS software.
- Ability to engage in dart gun wars and flip cup games is preferred.
$75,000 (base + bonus) plus full benefits package