About the Firm
JVM Lending is an exceptionally dynamic, unique and tech-oriented mortgage lender. JVM is disrupting the industry by throwing the Loan Officer business model out the window. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area and more specifically in Downtown Walnut Creek, which is about 20 miles east of San Francisco. Culture and teamwork are an essential part of JVM’s continued success and is of extremely high importance. This position will be located in Austin, TX.
In addition to our focus on teamwork and culture, JVM also places a strong emphasis on exemplary customer service. We are very proud of our pristine reputation in the marketplace and on social media being the #1 rated mortgage lender in the nation.
JVM is very different from all other companies in the mortgage space for the following reasons: (1) we focus very heavily on culture and teamwork; (2) we do not hire commissioned loan officers; (3) we have far more stringent hiring standards and a uniquely talented and tech-savvy team; (4) we are exceptionally tech-centric with an ability to embrace new tech much faster than any of our competitors; and (5) we prefer to hire individuals with little to no experience in our industry, as we have an extraordinarily powerful and in-depth training program that is unrivaled by anyone.
JVM Lending is looking for a highly motivated Business Development Officer to join our sales team. The Business Development Officer will play a crucial role in both JVM’s short-term and long-term business strategies. A successful JVM team member is hard working, intelligent, and well-rounded. We are inspired by people with a good sense of humor, a willingness to learn, and just plain grit.
- You are a highly motivated and thrive on a team where you can make a big impact.
- You don’t like to settle, but instead opt for a path that allows you to rapidly increase your responsibilities and grow within an organization.
- You think big and want to transform the way an entire industry operates.
- You are self-motivated and driven to succeed in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- You love clients. You build rapport easily and quickly and take the position of trusted advisor with sincerity.
What You Will Do
- Generate pipeline through establishing and maintaining the extensive JVM partner network within an assigned geographic territory.
- Perform 5 presentations per week with new network prospects and 5 follow up meetings with existing partners.
- Complete 30 touches per week with existing partners in order to maintain depth in our meaningful relationships.
- Schedule and present at educational seminars, in and out of office to further build pipeline.
- Act as a self-starter while leveraging cross-functional collaboration wherever appropriate.
- Employ a consultative approach in assessing clients’ needs and developing an understanding of the challenges.
- Build a team culture around delivering results and having fun along the way.
What You Need
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a business development or direct sale role.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- You are a leader, love team building, and have a history of exceeding goals.
- Proven track record of constantly meeting or exceeding objectives.
- Service-oriented team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work efficiently with a cross-functional team, managing multiple projects.
- Proficiency in Salesforce and familiarity with sales enablement tools like Outreach.io preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
- $60,000 base, $125,000 to $250,000 OTE
- Commissions paid out monthly, and uncapped
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Full healthcare benefits and 401K
- Tons of free food, kombucha keg and happy hours
- A chance to work with incredible teammates that are bright, creative, talented, and passionate.