What you will do
- As a Development Chemist in the Special Hazards/Agents New Product Introduction Team you will work on developing and testing next generation fire suppression agents.
How you will do it
- Research into new technologies, development of new technologies into commercial products, interfacing with 3rd party approval agencies, and assisting with new product commercialization and production scale-up via a stage-gate product development new product development process.
- Development activities may include the handling of flammable liquids, live fire tests requiring the use of PPE, and lifting loads up to thirty-five pounds.
What we look for
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry is required
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a research and development environment
- Strong laboratory fundamentals including documentation and chemical hygiene/safety required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work as part of a cross-functional product development team required
- Experience with surfactant and/or polymer chemistry highly desirable
- Experience with special hazards fire suppression highly desirable
- Sound understanding of statistical methods including Design of Experiments (DoE) desirable, Six Sigma coursework or certification a plus
- Experience with stage-gate product development processes is desirable
- A successful candidate for the position is a focused, creative thinker with a drive for results who is comfortable working independently or as part of a team