Are you searching for engaging work in an environment that prioritizes innovation and personal development?
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in a mission-driven, intellectual environment?
If so, we’re looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
New college graduates are important members of the APL community. We are seeking the next generation of big thinkers to help us tackle the complex research, engineering, and analytical problems that present critical challenges to our nation. We value your unusual perspectives, creative thinking and disruptive ideas as essential to discovering defining innovations.
At APL, you will work in dynamic teams charged with developing and delivering solutions that support national priorities. As an incoming new graduate with a real passion for computer science and software engineering including focus areas like data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and cybersecurity you may find yourself…
- working to address urgent gaps in defensive cybersecurity, including network security, host-based security, mobile security, cloud security, IoT security, software development, and integrated automated cybersecurity.
- identifying and defining concrete machine learning tasks and solutions when presented with broader client needs including projects in Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Adversarial Machine Learning, Common Sense Reasoning, and Causal Reasoning.
- engineering practical solutions around artificial intelligence including areas like computer vision, natural language processing and translation, knowledge representation and reasoning with evidence, learning, automated ontology/taxonomy creation, or 3D synthetic data generation and refinement.
- applying design and development skills to create cutting edge solutions in support of the nation including systems to better support our national health imperatives, software prototypes of combat systems that protect our country and our troops and systems that support our journeys toward the stars.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You may be right for APL if you…
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, software engineering, or related field.
- Have maintained a minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA Note: When prompted to upload attachments, please include a copy of your college transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a higher level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.