Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked #52 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT is seeking a career-minded engineer, looking for growth and advancement, to join JMT’s fast growing water/wastewater engineering practice. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic team environment with experienced project managers and engineers collaborating on various projects that could include: water distribution, pipeline condition assessment and rehabilitation, pipeline hydraulics, pumping stations, operation and maintenance strategies, and treatment facility projects. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with our in-house teams to develop project designs, construction plans, specifications, alternatives assessments, and planning evaluations for various infrastructure projects
- Assist with development of technical evaluation memoranda
- Prepare engineering cost estimates
- Prepare design drawings using 3D design tools
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidates must have the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-production office environment, build successful team relationships and maintain positive coworker interactions.
- Candidates must demonstrate familiarity with hydraulic designs, water and wastewater treatment process design, engineering economics, preparation of specifications and engineering report writing.
- The candidate must demonstrate organized practices, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have flexibility to support time-critical report development and production to meet demanding schedules.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or similar major by June 2021, is required.
- A passing grade on the NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering exam is preferred.
- 0-4 years experience
- Strong computer skills are required: MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D, Revit, ArcGIS, and MS Project are a plus.
Work is performed within a general office environment 85% of the time. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
Field work is required on occasion where work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Some lifting (up to 25 lbs) may be required as needed.
- Analytical Thinking
- Creativity and Innovation
- Job Proficiency
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.