Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #52 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
Position summary: Responsible for proposal/pursuit coordination and marketing efforts for assigned region.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Coordinate, prepare, and review standard government form proposals, expressions of interest, technical proposals, and presentations.
- Coordinate all phases of the pursuit process from kick-off meeting to production and delivery and proposal closeout.
- Develop pursuit outlines.
- Participate in pre-proposal meetings, kick-off meetings, debriefings, etc.
- Prepare major sections of pursuits, including but not limited to, project descriptions and resumes, tailored for specific pursuit. Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop other pursuit content.
- Coordinate pursuit production (typing, graphics, editing, and reproduction), printing and delivery, with emphasis on quality assurance/quality control.
- Assist with presentation preparation, presentation materials, etc.
- Produce consistently compliant high-quality submissions while delivering exceptional customer service.
- Provide Marketing essential functions and responsibilities, as required.
- Complete data entry for Marketing databases, tracking leads go/no go, and wins or losses.
- Maintain visually-appealing marketing materials including resumes, boilerplate information, project descriptions, photographs, subconsultant information, etc.
- Work closely and interact with technical staff, administrative staff, and marketing staff in other offices, as well as outside vendors, subconsultants, and clients.
- Administrative duties related to marketing such as filing, data input, etc.
- Research websites, newspapers, magazines and other business publications in search of project opportunities for professional services. When opportunities are found, enter data for these opportunities into marketing database (CRM), tracking leads and associated go/no go decisions, and wins or losses.
- Gather information, conduct market research about prospects/clients/projects, and participate in the development of various business collateral to support continued strategic growth.
- Generates reports for technical staff on marketing efforts, when required.
- Organizational support of office, regional and corporate marketing efforts.
- Adherence to JMT’s Quality Management System (QMS), ISO 9001:2015 Marketing procedures.
Nonessential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communication or related field or equivalent years of experience
- 0-5 years of related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in CRM Systems
- Knowledge of the RFP structure and proposal process
- Understands marketing principles
- Experience with graphics and publishing software
Work is performed within a general office environment 95% of the time. Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
- Client Focus
- Job Proficiency
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
- Quality Service
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.