Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked #52 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
Position summary: Responsible for performing all phases of architectural work from conceptual design through construction administration.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Assist project teams in development of the aesthetic and technical design and preparation of architectural design and construction documents
- Utilize computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans – specifically Revit, CAD, and AutoCAD,
- Conduct code research
- Prepare permit processing
- Ensure quality control reviews throughout project completion
- Collaborate with designers, consultants, and staff to meet clients’ goals
Nonessential functions and responsibilities:
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelors of Architecture
- Experience with computer-assisted design software such as Revit, AutoCAD,
- Experience with computer assisted 3D modelling and visualizations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in commercial, education, transportation, and aviation design
- Professional Architect License
- LEED AP accreditation preferred.
Work is performed within a general office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
- Analytical Thinking
- Creativity and Innovation
- Job Proficiency
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
- Building Relationships
- Quality Service
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.