Position Title: System Administrator
Organization: Jewish Family Service
Position Type: Full-time, Exempt
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
JFS is looking for a compassionate, mission-driven System Administrator to service the day to day operations of the IT Infrastructure team including– but not limited to Deployments, infrastructure improvements, infrastructure related to site technology, and project management (infrastructure related). The System Administrator will assist the Infrastructure Manager with research/selection/project management/deployment of relevant technology initiatives. This role will be responsible for maintaining all related infrastructure, ensuring the respective areas are focusing on the goals and objects laid out by the IT Director and COO. The System Administrator will also work closely with the IT Team on any related projects with required.
· Performs analysis of server infrastructure environment needs and contributes to design architecture, integration and installation.
· Maintains hardware and software lifecycle maintenance and asset refresh needs.
· Works with consultants to ensure that the computer system platforms provide sufficient computing resources to deliver the desired level of business performance.
· Coordinates with other departments in order to understand and meet their requirements.
· Evaluates hardware and software requirements and capabilities and makes recommendations. Checks systems in order to optimize performance and to initiate recovery action after system failures.
· Establishes budgetary requirements for equipment replacement.
· Establishes and controls systems access and security. Performs regular security access audit reviews.
· Monitors customer service and maintains infrastructure stability, collects and analyzes key performance metrics required for regular consumption and capacity analysis.
· Manages computer operation scheduling, backup, storage and retrieval functions.
· Coordinates third-party maintenance for hardware and software services.
· Develops or establishes strong relationships with service providers.
· Prepares and maintains documentation of platform configurations and infrastructure architecture.
· Maintains and tests disaster recovery plans.
· Performs other non-essential duties as assigned
Project Management Responsibilities
· Administer and Maintain new Cisco Meraki network infrastructure.
· Assist the effort in cutover to new VoIP cloud system.
· Assist the effort in cutover to new ISP and SD-WAN solution.
Network & Related Duties
· Maintain and optimize local company networks and servers
· Be responsible for device and password management
· Maintain data backup and system security operations (e.g. user authorization, firewalls)
· Manage installations, upgrades and configurations of hardware and software (switches, WAPs, Routers, Firewalls)
· Assess system performance and recommend improvements
· Resolve issues escalated by help desk technicians
· Ensure data is handled, transferred or processed according to legal and company guidelines
· Provide support and guidance to stakeholders on projects
· Control costs and budgets regarding IT systems
· Manage contracts with vendors (e.g. development platforms, telecommunication companies, password managers) and software licenses
· Develop IT policies and practices
· Maintain security camera infrastructure
· Maintain Hyper-V infrastructure
· Maintain Active Directly, 365, Exchange, SharePoint, and OneDrive
Skills/Abilities that are a Must-Have:
· Expert in Microsoft 365, Teams, SharePoint online.
· Advanced Proficiency with TCP/IP Connectivity, DNS and VPN.
· Strong networking skills; in-depth knowledge of switches and routers.
· Full knowledge of TCP/IP Subnetting & wireless technologies
· Proven experience with wireless technologies
· Expert in MS Exchange
· Expert in Windows Server Technology.
· Proven knowledge managing Active Directory
· Expert knowledge in VoIP technologies
· PowerShell Scripting
· Hyper-V and virtualization technologies
· SAN / NAS Storage technologies
· Fundamental security knowledge, including firewalls, packet-filtering, Next Generation Firewalls (NGFW).
Skills/Abilities we’d like you to Have:
· Experience managing Cisco Meraki networking equipment
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or comparable experience plus a minimum of 5-8 years in production IT management; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Advanced networking certifications preferred.
· Advanced industry standard certifications a plus.
· Extensive experience required managing teams and with responsibility for completing complex deployment projects within budget and on specific timelines.
· Experience designing and/or troubleshooting server infrastructure problems and providing superior customer service. Experience with popular server OS platforms.
· Experience working with network monitoring systems or equivalent experience.
· Detailed understanding of IP addressing, IP routing protocols, Internet technologies and standards, Internet security issues, circuit technologies, communications engineering standards, web and network access technologies, computer office software suites.
· Extensive experience managing complex Active Directory environments.
· Extensive experience managing VoIP systems.
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link;
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
*Jewish Family Service is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.