Position Title: Program Compliance Specialist
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week), non-exempt
Pay Rate: $17 – $18/hour
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
Provide program compliance quality assurance and data entry support for the Refugee Resettlement’s Employment Programs with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
• Maintain proficiency in grant and government funding requirements and guidelines for the Refugee Employment Programs
• Performs ongoing data maintenance to support compliance monitoring, auditing, and reporting activities.
• Perform monthly, quarterly and annual internal client file to ensure all data complies with contact requirements
• Identify areas of non-compliance and responsible for follow up on internal file audit deficiency corrections
• Complete on-going data entry, including use of specialized database software
• Maintain a compliance monitoring system that includes developing and executing a compliance audit schedule, analysis of compliance monitoring reports, and staff training needs.
• Coordinate and track staff trainings on all topics related to program guidelines and policies
• Document and improve policies and procedures that reflect best practices in the areas of grant compliance, management, and reporting
• Act as a collaborative team player with a can-do attitude, the ability to think and implement quickly, and identify creative solutions to complex problems to mitigate risk for the company.
• Other duties as assigned
Skills/Abilities that are a Must-Have:
• Some college, Bachelor degree desirable
• Two years related experience
• Strong computer skills including ability to learn and use specialty database software, proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook, familiarity with web-based applications including Google Docs, Group and Calendar
• Familiarity with ETOI desired
• Excellent written, telephone and oral communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and critical thinking
• Ability to work effectively in a high-stress situation
• Ability to work with people from, and within the context of, a variety of cultures in a respectful, culturally sensitive manner
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Completion of all tasks with a high degree of accuracy and in a manner to meet deadline and compliance requirements
• Fluency in a second language including Arabic, Farsi, Burmese, or Karen is helpful
• Knowledge of appropriate resources and referrals.
• Knowledge of social services system.
• Working knowledge of computers and competency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database software and internet usage.
• Knowledge of Jewish community.
Skills (Language, Math, Reasoning, Computer):
• Ability to engage in outreach activities.
• Comfortable working with outside agencies.
• Basic record and statistics keeping skills.
• Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Ability to follow written guidelines.
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills are required.
• Ability to identify and delegate tasks.
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link;
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
*Jewish Family Service is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.