The NC Programmer plans machining sequences and fixturing for 3-5 axis machine tools.
The following essential job functions are performed as an NC Programmer:
- Determines methods, cutter types and cutting parameters depending on a variety of materials (composites, epoxies, steel, aluminum, etc.) and design specifications
- Designs 3-D computer models, drawings and specifications for fabrication of fixturing elements
- Creates 3-5 axis tool paths utilizing Unigraphics CAD/CAM software
- Provides input in production tracking software.
- Works with process engineers on planning of manufacturing process to ensure that quality and design objectives are achieved.
- Creates shop documentation for setup of the machines complying with ISO 9000 standards.
- Analyzes laser-tracking data to assure quality of the setup, when applicable.
- Works with the machinists to make sure setup and machining procedures are followed.
- Perform tool path verification using Vericut software
- General knowledge of standard G-Code language, machine offsets, and part locating
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Behavior: The incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
Proof of US Citizenship or Permanent Residency may be required due to access to sensitive data and our coverage under EAR and ITAR regulations.
- Engineering or engineering technology degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years experience as an NC programmer programming 5-axis mills required.
- Experience using Unigraphics/Siemens NX software preferred.
- Manual machining experience a plus.
- Must be willing and able to obtain a government issued security clearance.
Applicants or employees wishing to view a copy of Janicki Industries’ Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (360) 404-1997.
Janicki Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Janicki Industries does not does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, veteran/military service status, or any other legally protected status.