The Quality Analyst reports to the Quality Assurance Manager and assists in the operation of the many facets of the Aerospace Quality Organization. Compiles data for management decision makers, trains co-workers in the Aerospace Quality Management System (QMS), performs a variety of QMS functions, primarily in Document Control, participates in and manages the Corrective Action and Nonconformance processes, participates in contract reviews, works with program teams on quality metrics, participates in the internal audit program and improvement initiatives.
The following essential job functions are performed as a Quality Assurance Analyst:
- Retrieves, reviews, and analyzes QA data.
- Collects and produces written documentation for reporting findings.
- Performs trend analysis and identifies quality improvement opportunities.
- Completes reports and presents statistical analysis and findings.
- Monitors the application of improvement initiatives.
- Works with process & program owners to prepare, analyze and improve quality metrics for management & program reviews.
- Provides feedback to both management and employees on the quality of work.
- Act as a Change Coordinator and trains company-wide Change Coordinators on the document control system and procedures.
- Process changes to documents in accordance with company requirements.
- Manages external standards within the QMS database.
- Writes, revises, and verifies quality standards.
- Reviews new or modified documents, procedures, diagram, and/or flow charts, to determine if they will perform according to user request and conform to contractual, Aerospace or QMS requirements.
- Coordinates with Operation and WO Submissions to monitor and close of Process Deviations
- Helps to maintain QMS database and certain modules as needed:
- Assist users with database configuration and preference settings
- User groups and access rights tiers for all modules.
- Maintains accuracy of data in the QMS Master List and Change Control database module
- Runs efficiency reports; through-put, aging and performance, Assist users of QMS database to develop reports.
- Primary contact for QMS database user questions for all modules
- Issues, updates and changes rights to all QMS database users based on employment position and title. Removes users when no longer active employees.
- Coordinates with QMS database developer to ensure updates are implemented, error logs are addressed, and modification request are processed.
- Implement QMS database module changes and upgrades.
- Participates in committees as needed.
- Participates in contract reviews; document and disseminate information gleaned to pertinent parties.
- Research best practices to impact quality improvement initiatives and utilization standards.
- Identifies and recommends procedures and workflow improvements. Works with others to develop and streamline workflow.
- Collects, and assists with, developing and analyzing quality measurement data.
- Provides training to enable employees to meet consistent quality standards.
- Participates in internal, regulatory and customer audits.
- Manages the corrective action process, initiates and tracks CA’s, facilitates others with their CA activities, trains personnel in root cause analysis, monitors program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of problems.
- Manages nonconformance process performance; facilitates and trains others with their NCR activities, Works with program teams to trend NCR’s and implement improvements to prevent their reoccurrence.
- Participates and/or leads appropriate project work.
- Performs inspection activities as needed, using common hand tools, drawings, CAD models, etc. These may be receiving, in-process, source, or final.
- Must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines.
- Must be at work on time and maintain good attendance. This is a condition of employment and is an essential function of the job
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Due to our ITAR and EAR regulations, applicants must be a US Citizen or of Legal Permanent Resident Status as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b (a) (3).
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering or equivalent (or associate degree in these fields plus minimum 4 years industrial experience). Minimum requirement for all positions is a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum 2-5 years of manufacturing experience with practical application of quality assurance. Practical quality assurance application experience in commercial, military or aerospace (AS9100, Nadcap) is a plus.
- Must have broad knowledge and application of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control and a diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques, and documentation.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to constructively interact with managers, other departments, customers, sub-contractors and auditors.
- Must have strong computer skills including QA applications, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Reasoning ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases and a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience in composite fabrication and Metal structures is preferred.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED
Regular office equipment and materials. Inspection tools.
Working conditions normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time. Occasional exposure to shop element such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
Janicki Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Janicki Industries does not does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, veteran/military service status, or any other legally protected status.
Applicants or employees wishing to view a copy of Janicki Industries’ Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (360) 404-1997.