The Quality Engineer reports within an engineering team and manages all aspects of quality within a project lifecycle to ensure the product meets internal and exteral compliance requirements.
The following essential job functions are performed as a Quality Engineer:
- Develops, promotes, and executes quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents, and reports.
- Creates advancements in current quality engineering practices.
- Coordinates day to day activities of quality engineering and inspector staff in support of production.
- Retrieves, reviews, and analyzes QA data.
- Performs trend analysis and identifies quality improvement opportunities.
- Monitors the application of improvement initiatives.
- Works with process & program owners to prepare, analyze and improve quality metrics for management & program reviews.
- Reviews new or modified documents, procedures, diagram, and/or flow charts, to determine if they will perform according to user request and conform to contractual, AS9100 or QMS requirements.
- Participates in contract reviews; document and disseminate information gleaned to pertinent parties.
- Research best practices to impact quality improvement initiatives and utilization standards.
- Identifies and recommends procedures and workflow improvements. Works with others to develop and streamline workflow.
- Collects, and assists with, developing and analyzing quality measurement data.
- Provides training to enable employees to meet consistent quality standards.
- Participates in internal, regulatory and customer audits.
- Participates and/or leads appropriate project work.
- Performs inspection activities as needed, using common hand tools, drawings, CAD models, etc. These may be receiving, in-process, source, or final.
- Must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines.
- Must be at work on time and maintain good attendance. This is a condition of employment and is an essential function of the job
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Due to our ITAR and EAR regulations, applicants must be a US Citizen or of Legal Permanent Resident Status as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b (a) (3).
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering or equivalent (or associate degree in these fields plus minimum 4 years industrial experience). Minimum requirement for all positions is a high school diploma or GED.
- Manufacturing experience with practical application of quality assurance a plus.
- Commercial/military aerospace experience is a plus.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to constructively interact with managers, other departments, customers, sub-contractors and auditors.
- Must have strong computer skills including QA applications, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Reasoning ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Experience in composite fabrication is preferred.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Must be willing and able to obtain a government issued security clearance.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED
Regular office equipment and materials. Inspection tools.
Working conditions normal for an office environmet. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time. Occasional exposure to shop element such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
Janicki Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Janicki Industries does not does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, veteran/military service status, or any other legally protected status.
Applicants or employees wishing to view a copy of Janicki Industries’ Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (360) 404-1997.