ITW Labels is headquartered in St. Charles, Missouri with manufacturing locations in Kansas, Georgia, and Missouri. ITW Labels is a leading tag and label converter in an industry of nearly 3,000 competitors in the United States. We print and manufacture tags and labels primarily for the Consumer-Packaged Goods, Grocery Retail/Weigh Scale and Durable Goods & Equipment segments. ITW Labels boasts a diversified array of printing assets with both narrow and wide width flexographic presses, both sheet and roll-to-roll screen print presses, digital presses and equipment to create polyurethane doming for enhanced brand appeal.
Under general supervision, coordinate customer service activities, which includes customer interface, quoting, and order processing. Job function also includes providing manufacturing order information to produce a job in an accurate and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Handles main interface with customers by phone, email, and occasionally in-person about request for quotes, order processing, status update, customer complaints, and all other customer inquiries.
· Quotes new and repeat orders and provides formal quotation to customer. Must be able to read and understand blueprints, determine materials and print process to produce the part, and quote tools when required.
· Responsible for following up on pending quotations, orders on hold and art proofs.
· Performs contract review upon receipt of order. This includes verification of purchase order information such as part number, revision level, quantity, price, bill-to and ship-to address, ship method, credit terms, and compliance to customer’s and ITW’s terms and conditions. Responsible for acknowledging orders including confirmation of ship date.
· Enters sales order and manufacturing order information in the system to generate a job ticket for production. Manufacturing order creation includes: reviewing blueprint information for accuracy and completion, material, components and tool availability verification, creation of production plan with detailed production steps, and documentation of customer specified requirements.
· Select the most cost-effective manufacturing process for each part to meet variable margin goals.
· Coordinates the handling of customer pre-press material and specifications to print job, including revision changes and availability of production art.
· Maintains daily update of production schedule, noting any deviations and notifies customer of any changes. Handles expedite request from customers and works with production to meet customer’s request.
· Process change order requests, including updating the system and job tickets.
· Coordinates the set-up of new customers and help resolve credit issues.
· Facilitates generation of proper documents such as NDA, VMI agreement, ROHS/REACH compliance, and surveys as requested by the customer.
· Follows all department work instructions.
· Follows prescribed safety rules and fosters an environment where employee safety is a top priority.
· Is an active member of the 80-20 team and employs the ITW tool-box to run and improve operations.
· Problem solves issues as necessary.
· Recommends policy changes to improve customer service, quality and/or reduce costs.
· Maintains neat and accurate filing systems that facilitates fast retrieval and responsible for ensuring that customer files and databases are maintained.
· Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned including cross training.
Required and responsible for employee safety, attending safety training, complying with all company safety and work policies and reporting all accidents/injuries immediately to their Manager and HR Department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree; or 3+ years’ experience and/or training in customer service and planning/estimating in a printing environment; or equivalent of education and experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and small group situations to customers and/or other employees of the organization. Ability to read, comprehend and write simple to complex instructions and correspondence. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents such NDAs, VMI agreements, terms and conditions, and simple contract.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measuring, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Ability to comprehend and apply the principles of advanced mathematics and statistical theory is a plus. Understands variable margin and impact to P&L statement.
Knowledge of costing and production methods in a manufacturing environment is preferred. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed involved to uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in sometimes complex situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Computers skills to include experience working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, any Web Browser, ERP systems, and Access system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the incumbent to use color vision, hearing, sitting for prolonged periods, speaking and articulating, and lifting less than 25 pounds on a constant basis, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. This position may require some travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be exposed to humid conditions, fumes, toxic chemicals and heat. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisor or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.