Interstate Moving is seeking college students interested in earning extra money while learning from home. You’ll learn what it’s like to be a mover while working toward your college degree. You’ll work hard during these next few months, and you’ll gain invaluable work experience in customer service, operations and teamwork. We offer PAID training to ensure your success and provide you valuable skills to take with you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (include the following: Other duties may be assigned.)
- Assists in any capacity as directed by the crew leader on the assigned job or warehouse
- Performs pre-trip inspection of the truck assigned for noted damages, flat or worn tires, and travel worthiness.
- Assists in the preparation of vehicle before leaving warehouse to assure that all materials are placed on vehicle and that any defects are noted and all fluid levels are checked and taken care of.
- Drives the vehicles as required, from the warehouse to the job site.
- Possesses the ability to properly and safely lift, pack, load and unload the vehicle as required.
- Writes complete and accurate inventory of household contents, office goods or furniture when required.
- Provides leadership, guidance and organization to the crew so assigned work can be completed in an efficient manner compliant with company standards.
- Assists when necessary, with the proper and timely completion of warehouse work.
- Assists in truck inspection of fluid levels, damages, defective tires, for safe travel.
- Assists in vehicle preparation of moving materials /supplies at warehouse.
- Possesses the ability to pack, safely lift, load and unload vehicle.
- Writes legible and provide accurate inventory report of delivery goods.
• Write, speak and understand English.
• Compute basic math concepts
• Apply common sense understanding of written or oral instructions.
• The employee will need to be physically able to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• In addition, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and balance.
• The employee will frequently lift and/or move more than 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 250 pounds with the
assistance of others and proper equipment.
High school diploma (or GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Driver’s Licenses is required.