The Administrative Specialist provides a broad variety of support services to support operations. The position is responsible for assisting with human resource administrative tasks, office administration, facilities, and vehicle management. The Administrative Specialist is also responsible for providing procurement of office supplies and oversight of office for day-to-day operations.
· Post position vacancies and participate as needed in the recruitment and hiring process.
· Prepare new hire employee orientation schedules, trainings, IT account creations and other documentation to ensure a smooth and efficient onboarding process.
· With the Volunteer Coordinator, recruit and retain office interns and volunteers to assist with office and administration operations, to include front desk volunteers, work study and others as appropriate. Provide supervision to office interns and volunteers.
· Receive and track staff vacation and sick leave requests and notify employees of the vacation and sick time balances on a quarterly basis.
· Maintain physical employee files and ensure all federal and state employment notices are posted.
· Track employee anniversary’s and birthday’s and prepare certifications and celebrations for employees.
· Track fingerprint clearance cards and other HR related items.
· Comply with all IRC policies, procedures and protocols including adherence to the IRC Way and Child Safeguarding.
· Assist with other HR administrative tasks as needed.
· Support office infrastructure including telephone/internet service, office space, cell phones, copiers, office supplies, business cards, distributing mail, mailboxes, badges, keys and key cards and posting office holiday closures.
· Update and maintain the Front Desk Manual and facilitate coverage of front desk duties during lunch breaks and absences.
· Provide procurement of office supplies and maintain inventory of office supplies.
· Assist with quarterly asset audits by department and other special office projects as needed.
· Maintain long term file storage tracking and arrange bi-annual storage box pick up.
· Assist with meeting preparation and documentation.
· Other related administrative tasks as assigned.
· Serve as the focal point for building maintenance concerning general maintenance issues, proper lighting, adequate office temperature, and other facility functionality.
· Oversee the general cleanliness of the office and reporting any repairs needed.
· Schedule, organize and ensure maintenance and cleanliness of all IRC Phoenix vehicles
· Maintain vehicle maintenance logs, schedules, key box codes, and database.
· Ensure proper registration, documentation and supplies for all vehicles.
· Assist in the completion of monthly gas card and mileage reconciliation reports.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Administration Manager
Indirect Reporting: Executive Director and Deputy Director
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: IRC Staff, Volunteers, and Interns
External: Position helps coordinate services and is responsible for maintaining relationships with appropriate vendors and community partners.
• Undergraduate degree in related field preferred.
• At least 2 years of relevant work experience in office administration; human resources, facilities management, procurement, or related field, preferred.
• Computer proficiency with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook). Proven experience in web-based data entry systems, with both data extraction and design preferred.
• Tech savvy with ability to troubleshoot basic hardware and software issues, preferred.
• Fluency in written and spoken English, bilingual ability preferred in Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Arabic, French or other refugee/immigrant language used in Arizona. Cross-cultural understanding and strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Highly organized self-starter with proven success prioritizing multiple tasks, making critical decisions, and delivering results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
• Flexibility with demonstrated ability to maintain responsibility for multiple tasks in the context of a diverse, fast-paced work environment.
• Strategic, creative, problem solver capable of working well independently and as a part of a team.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, active insurance policy, access to reliable transportation and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area for home visits.
• In accordance with Arizona State Law, must possess or be eligible to receive a fingerprint clearance card.
· Standard office work environment combined with some travel throughout service delivery area.
· Ability to safely lift 30 pounds.