We are recruiting for an Administrative Assistant with Human Resources responsibility. The successful candidate will report directly to the Manufacturing Manager at the Olympia Packaging plant and functionally to the Region HR Manager. If you are a motivated and professional individual capable in a flexible, fast-paced environment, we look forward to working with you.
- Coordinate selection processes for hourly and salaried positions including posting with and outreach to the necessary organizations; communication with authorized staffing agencies; sourcing, screening and corresponding with applicants; conducting pre-employment assessments and reference checks; maintenance of all recruiting files.
- Coordinate orientation and on-boarding activities for new hires.
- Maintain the Affirmative Action Planning (AAP) system, including maintaining annual logs for internal job postings, hires, terminations, separations, and promotions; completion of the annual AAP.
- Ensure the facility maintains full compliance with all aspects of required of a federal contractor.
- Ensure compliance with policies and work rules.
- Ensure the accuracy and security of all HR-related files in accordance with the records retention policy including employee personnel files, medical files and I-9.
- Maintain logs for 1:1s, discipline, paid sick leave, and grievances.
- Maintain shared files and databases.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of human resource-related forms; researches and furnishes employee information to authorized persons as appropriate; and handles human resource-related questions.
- Handles and makes necessary changes to payroll process/systems on an as-needed basis.
- Act as payroll backup.
- Ensure employees are coded accurately by job classification, jobs performed, shift and department assignment.
- Manage plant attendance: track attendance on a daily basis, prepare attendance reports, initiate disciplinary action when needed and communicate issues
- Assist with open enrollment meetings. Serves as a resource to employees in resolving benefits-related issues and concerns.
- Support processes related to leaves such as Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and disability, etc.
- Process all unemployment-related claims
- Act as a liaison between the individual employee, managers, Human Resource Manager, and company or community resources.
- Coordinate facility functions including employee recognition, service awards, safety, and holiday-related events.
- Assist in organizing and/or creating training material.
- Coordinate meetings and events.
- Maintain employee bulletin boards.
- Other Duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Organization Behavior (preferred)
- Experience working in union environment (preferred)
- Minimum of three years’ administrative human resources experience or equivalent education.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- A high level of diplomacy, tact, and judgment as well as an upbeat and positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate issues and handle sensitive and confidential information in an efficient and professional manner.
- Superior organizational skills with a high quality of accuracy and attention to detail in both written and verbal communications.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly, work and be flexible with deadlines, solve problems effectively, and handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to be proactive and self-directed while working professionally in a team environment to resolve issues and meet deadlines.
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Microsoft Windows environment with an emphasis on Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software programs or databases quickly.
- Specific competencies include problem solving, action oriented, integrity, functional/technical skills, customer focus, learning on the fly.
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.